Plantar Fasciitis anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amy1576 my vionics arrived yesterday and I don't limp when I'm wearing them! So thst has to be good!
I'm finding they're quite uncomfortable under my rather flat arch, not surprisingly. Did that feeling go off for you and how long did it take?

I have high hopes for them! Thanks for recommending. I got them sale price as well.

Noodle how are you doing?

Surprisingly enough, I've noticed a significant improvement over the last few weeks, just making the switch from flats to low heels.

I've ditched all my flat shoes for now, but may reintroduce them slowly in a few months, restricting myself to wearing them for just a limited amount of time.

Having worn my Vioncs now all week I can report they are very helpful and I'm able to walk without a limp!

They help so much I even put them on to visit the bathroom in the night lol

However if I don't wear them, my symptoms are the same. Is it just a matter of time?

I've had this since my wedding 3 years ago didn't think of anything serious at first just thought it was because of the 1 inch wedding shoes from the day before. 3 months later I mentioned it to dad who is a nurse and he told me what it was. Luckily I visited his friend who is a podiatrist who gave me insoles and I wear sensible shoes or fit flops and a very good husband who would massage my feet every night for months. I still suffer now and my calfs get really stiff so a good massage will help as well.

I have just been diagnosed with this. And after reading the thread i bought a pair of vionics so fingers crosses they work ! Still doing my exercises lol cant go this pain its actually now messing up my knee. You want to see how bendy i am trying to cut hair in some mental postions !

I'm pleased to report that in the main, my feet are much better than they were a few months ago.

I still get the odd episode of painful heels, but I've found I can control it more easily and flat shoes are a distant memory.

I had it in both feet at the arch bit. I bought sketchers shoes and its totally gone now. Only shoes I will wear now

Noodle glad to hear that [emoji5]️

mrsb35 I hope they help you! They're all I wear now, as I still limp without them.

I've been to a physio and she's given me done exercises to do, as she feels mine is caused by glutes & thighs, no change yet however. Ive had acupuncture once, second session next week

Noodle glad to hear that [emoji5]️

mrsb35 I hope they help you! They're all I wear now, as I still limp without them.

I've been to a physio and she's given me done exercises to do, as she feels mine is caused by glutes & thighs, no change yet however. Ive had acupuncture once, second session next week

Good luck Blossom, I hope the acupuncture helps you, eventually.

I have had this for 5 yrs in both feet ...it got so bad that in the morning I had to crawl on my hands and knees to the bathroom[emoji30] went to a podiatrist they told me to get good shoes...so got some hotter shoes I know they are a bit old fashioned (they are getting better) and it did the trick...only thing I thought it was better and went on to where my Birkenstock shoes that I love...now it's back[emoji20] silly me back to the hotter!!! X

I have had this for 5 yrs in both feet ...it got so bad that in the morning I had to crawl on my hands and knees to the bathroom[emoji30] went to a podiatrist they told me to get good shoes...so got some hotter shoes I know they are a bit old fashioned (they are getting better) and it did the trick...only thing I thought it was better and went on to where my Birkenstock shoes that I love...now it's back[emoji20] silly me back to the hotter!!! X

I've found that wearing flat shoes triggers the symptoms again for me, so I'm now avoiding them as much as possible.

I've found that wearing flat shoes triggers the symptoms again for me, so I'm now avoiding them as much as possible.
I may have to move to somthing with a kettle heel ta!! Xsx

I'm wearing Orthapedic sandals all the time now, it stops me limping and supports my low arch (although that in itself isn't particularly comfortable as my foot doesn't like the pressure from the arch support so feels a bit bruised all the time)

Titterbug you poor thing, I can well imagine that scenario if both my feet were like my right one [emoji30]

My friend who also has it, is getting the steroid injection on Wednesday so will feed back

My friend who also has it, is getting the steroid injection on Wednesday so will feed back

That will be really interesting Blossom, as someone at the start of your thread recomended avoiding the injection at all costs.

I know, two of my clients have had it and say it's gone within a few days. I just can't bear the thought that it might make it worse [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

I know, two of my clients have had it and say it's gone within a few days. I just can't bear the thought that it might make it worse [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Me neither

Just an update on my friend, who had the steroid injection in the heel 10 days ago -

IT
HAS
GONE

Just an update on my friend, who had the steroid injection in the heel 10 days ago -

IT
HAS
GONE

Mine's getting better with self management, so I think I'll persevere for now.

What do you think you're going to do Blossom?

I'm loathe to have the injection unless I get desperate tbh but I'm pleased for her, she gave her job up because of all the standing she did

I'm managing with my Vionics shoes for now, still limp without them. Some mornings it's not as crippling as others. I'm trying to lose a bit of weight to see if that will help (well it won't hurt!) altho m friend is really skinny anyway so who knows?

I've given up my exercises the physio gave me as it made a different part of my foot really painful [emoji33]

I have ordered one of these...don't know if it will work but I will give it a shot...let you know when it comes http://heelease.co.uk/?gclid=CKf_6dLn884CFcYV0wod2nMKjQ
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1472926834.008754.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1472926844.042778.jpg

Oooh interesting titterbug....off to google to see how it works. Fingers crossed for you x

Latest posts

Back