Plantar Fasciitis anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick update from me.....

My lovely hubby went out yesterday and bought me a pair of wedged flipflops, as well as a pair of decent heeled ankle boots.

I've been wearing them both over two days, and have noticed an improvement with less pain.

I had this for 8 months. It just takes time.

A supportive pair of shoes that either lace or strap up and some orthotics insoles specifically for plantar fasciitis. Also do stretches on the arch of the foot and the calf.

Has the pain eased any yet Blossom?

I have to say that after almost a week of not wearing flat shoes, I've really noticed a difference. Not yet pain free, but definitely an improvement. :)

Thanks noodle. nothing significant. I'm still limping visibly and am crippled when I get up in the mornings.

Today I've been doing some deep tissue work found on you tube, I'll put a link here in case it helps anybody

The 10 days on anti inflammatories was useless.

I have suffered massively with this over the years and have finally given up running as a result [emoji37]. Be prepared for it to last up to a year, even with the physio and anti inflammatories such as Naproxen. Flip flops and Converse are the worst things in my experience and my foot flares up if I dare to wear them even briefly. Decent trainers for over pronators such as Saucony and Clarks shoes seem to help as does hanging off the end of the stairs.....whatever footwear you choose you need to ensure that your arch is fully supported and anything without support is avoided. It dies eventually go but don't hold your breath as it takes an age [emoji188]

Noodle how's yours now?

I've done the above exercises and massage a few times a day and it's helped a little bit. Still that spiking pain in the heel though.

Blossom, I've just had a thought. Have you tried high heels? It can put your foot at a different angle and alleviate the pain when it's bad. Worth a try if it's getting you down [emoji151][emoji151]

Blossom, I've just had a thought. Have you tried high heels? It can put your foot at a different angle and alleviate the pain when it's bad. Worth a try if it's getting you down [emoji151][emoji151]
That's interesting you say that pickle pie, I was trying in some Skechers heels yesterday and was surprised to find they were comfy - they were very foamy underfoot like a yoga mat (they were called something like this?) really lovely
Kind of put the weight on the ball of the foot more which gives the heel a rest
I didn't buy as the bit between the toes wasn't that comfy when I walked up and down but now am kicking myself; I could've got those gel toe post things from boots [emoji85]

Noodle how's yours now?

I've done the above exercises and massage a few times a day and it's helped a little bit. Still that spiking pain in the heel though.

Better, but still painful from time to time. Steering away from flat shoes has been very difficult, but I look such an idiot trying to balance in high heels :oops: I'm sticking with block heels and wedges for now though.

I know, I'm always trotting round in my go-faster flatties lol
Glad yours is a bit better. Have you done any exercises or had any treatment?

I know, I'm always trotting round in my go-faster flatties lol
Glad yours is a bit better. Have you done any exercises or had any treatment?

Still going with the rolling pin exercise, but avoiding treatment if possible, especially as one poster above recommended not to bother with steroid injections.

Yes could do without anything making it worse [emoji33]

Agony! I've had this twice. Absolutely 100% the fault of super flat non cushioned foot wear the first time I was cured with a steroid injection, it hurts but nowhere near as much as the foot pain and it's over in 2 seconds. Second time it didn't work at all. I read it takes 12 months then will disappear and mine did. Obviously I have thrown out all my dodgy shoes and now I ALWAYS wear trainers for work. My advice to anyone who stands for a living is buy decent shoes and take the utmost care of you feet. It pays to in the long run.

Dont forget to stretch your calves too, toes on bottom step and hanging heels down helps, a good foot and leg massage will help too, I hated this but luckily being a massage therapist and hypermobile I could self treat to get rid of it.

Right I'm now getting stabbing pains in my heel even when lying down (not all the time)
Also pain at the sides particularly the inner side
Is this normal for plantar fasciitis does anyone know?

Right I'm now getting stabbing pains in my heel even when lying down (not all the time)
Also pain at the sides particularly the inner side
Is this normal for plantar fasciitis does anyone know?

It's probably all symptomatic unfortunately, although I haven't experienced that....yet.

Mine is a little better, but still underlying. Raised shoes are definitely helping though.

I feel for you blossom and sympathise, as I know how the pain is truly unbearable at times.

It's probably all symptomatic unfortunately, although I haven't experienced that....yet.

Mine is a little better, but still underlying. Raised shoes are definitely helping though.

I feel for you blossom and sympathise, as I know how the pain is truly unbearable at times.
Thank you noodle, so nice to know there are people who know what it's like! It's hard to explain the debilitating effect it has and how much it can hurt. Probably because you can't see anything on the outside! I want a crutch or a cast

Amy1576 my vionics arrived yesterday and I don't limp when I'm wearing them! So thst has to be good!
I'm finding they're quite uncomfortable under my rather flat arch, not surprisingly. Did that feeling go off for you and how long did it take?

I have high hopes for them! Thanks for recommending. I got them sale price as well.

Noodle how are you doing?

I'm allergic to naproxen, and ibuprofen gel did nothing for me. I also have a condition called EDS, and my joints *HURT*

The best thing I've found that helps in all honesty are good stretching exercises. The Insoles from podiatry are OK but I didn't find them a great addition.

Latest posts

Back