Plastic bag method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww, those are so cute!

Sandwich bags are just too .... stretchy plasticy... thats why I said using the plastic A4 sheets that are used as inserts in Lever Arch folders as I used those & know they work... They are just the right type of plastic. Either than or use the sort of grease prove paper thats on the backs of disposable forms...

Hmm, I didn't try shellac on the back of the forms, but I did try dropping cnd effects onto them and again they wouldn't peel off.

WOW! like others said BRILLIANT!

After seeing this yesterday I thought I'd have a go myself - little snowmen for Xmas! Need a lot ore practise though!!

Those are ADORABLE! :)

I might give this a try. My only worry is I don't want to ruin my lamp. They cost a small fortune so don't want to break it in anyway :-/

xxx

I tried this with a plastic sandwich bag..it cured but I couldn't peel it off at all..is this why, because the plastic wasn't suitable?

I think it depends what type of sandwich bag you use, I've used the ziplock type and it was fine, I don't think it would work on the more flimsy ones? :)

I'm daft enough that I don't know what you call it lol, but you know that sticky backed clear plastic you get in rolls to cover school books and stuff with?

That's what I use, for both decals with Shellac and the ones you can do with polish. I just cut a small square and have never had any problems peeling the designs off afterwards x

Argh I did snowmen and Christmas trees. This is going to save so much time & money on decals! I can make my own hehe xxx

Just another reason I LOVE this site.

I had no idea what the OP was talking about, you really do learn something new everyday!

Off to have a play.........Thanks for posting :)

Latest posts

Back