Plastic bag method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enlivenbylouise

Reaction score
Hi i have used the search function but can't seem to find my answer so I'm sorry if this has been answered before....
Do you know if you can use the plastic bag method with gels or shellac etc? Is it safe to put the bag under the lamp? Sorry if this is a silly question. X

Yup do your art work upon the plastic (A4 plastic protector for paper lever arch type). Cure & then you can peel them off & place upon the nails when your ready to use them !

Plastic bag method? Am I missing something? X

I also have never heard of this before.

That doesnt sound very safe. Wouldnt the use of arabella forms be better?

Im intrigued to find out what this is x

Thank you sleeping beauty!
Plastic bag method is when you do your art work on plastic and when it's fully dry you pick it off and place on nail.
I think you encapsulate with arabella forms? I just want to place the 'decal' on my nail then seal with a top coat x

There are several videos on YouTube x

Also Chelseanails has do e a stunning set recently on 'what nails are you sporting today' thread x

oh brilliant idea ...off to play. Thanks for sharing :biggrin:

I've been doing nails for so long, heard so many stories from clients and have so many of my own.

I feel like putting a plastic bag over my own head most days ..... intrigued about other suggestions :)

BTW, the plastic bag method for nail art only works with certain plastics (you get the wrong one and it's all a mess), tinfoil works best (all sculpture forms used to be made of aluminium) ... if you remember back that far :)

Thanks you Nailzoo. Feeling a bit geek struck lol, your work is amazing x

Thanks for this thread- I've just spent the last few hours playing. 😀 Got some lovely snowmen made- just wonder if its still too far away from Christmas? The possibilities are endless...

Any pictures ? X :)

After seeing this yesterday I thought I'd have a go myself - little snowmen for Xmas! Need a lot ore practise though!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1353275407.024290.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1353275407.024290.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 374
Ah brilliant, I'm glad I started this thread now! :)

Omg I need to try this!! Xx

Aww thank you!
I do mine on the plastic sheets that I have for my heated mittens because I have them lying around :p I cut them into smaller squares.
If you do them on foil a lot of the time I find they don't cure properly underneath but if you use clear plastic, like a sandwich bag then you can cure the underside as well if needed :) x

I've been doing nails for so long, heard so many stories from clients and have so many of my own.

I feel like putting a plastic bag over my own head most days ..... intrigued about other suggestions :)

BTW, the plastic bag method for nail art only works with certain plastics (you get the wrong one and it's all a mess), tinfoil works best (all sculpture forms used to be made of aluminium) ... if you remember back that far :)

I tried this with a plastic sandwich bag..it cured but I couldn't peel it off at all..is this why, because the plastic wasn't suitable?

Sandwich bags are just too .... stretchy plasticy... thats why I said using the plastic A4 sheets that are used as inserts in Lever Arch folders as I used those & know they work... They are just the right type of plastic. Either than or use the sort of grease prove paper thats on the backs of disposable forms...

Latest posts

Back