Plastic loyalty cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Premier plastic cards xx

I've got something very similar- it's not actually points based though. It's a VIP membership scheme, whereby people pay £x to join (receive the card) and this gives them access to discounted treatments.
It's slightly less admin this way (I think ) plus it also generates significant income when initially selling the cards.
Hth

I was thinking of something similar. I've ordered a free pack to see what sort of thing they are. I'm self employed in a salon where were all self employed. It's dog eat dog and so hard. I'm always looking for new ways to up my business. Got to weigh up the pros and cons :)

I think it sounds great and with competition so stiff in the market nowadays it makes your salon stand out from the rest. Also what's £300 for a quality and innovative addition to the salon? You'd soon make that back especially if you charged a nominal (say £5) fee to join membership with benefits?
I'd take it on myself but sadly it's not compatible with a Mac computer so pretty useless for me :-(

Great idea though x

I think it sounds great and with competition so stiff in the market nowadays it makes your salon stand out from the rest. Also what's £300 for a quality and innovative addition to the salon? You'd soon make that back especially if you charged a nominal (say £5) fee to join membership with benefits?
I'd take it on myself but sadly it's not compatible with a Mac computer so pretty useless for me :-(

Great idea though x

I've got a mac too but I did speak to them and they said the software is not essential! Just does extra things like mail shots but to be honest I normally do it by text plus the software is pay monthly and I don't really feel the need for the extra cost.

I love the idea!! my customers love to feel like they are in exclusive groups!! go for it !! x

I love the idea, but with the magnetic strips would you need a whole point of sale system to scan them through? I'm a home salon so just wondering if it will be worth it for me? x

I went and had a meeting with the company I put the link to in my first post. It was fab, I absolutely loved it!!!

I love the idea, but with the magnetic strips would you need a whole point of sale system to scan them through? I'm a home salon so just wondering if it will be worth it for me? x

It comes with a mobile card reader which can be backed up to a PC

Body shop do a plastic loyalty card you sign up for £5 and they wholepunch each stamp section xx

Wow! What a brilliant idea, I am also a home salon so not sure I can justify the expenditure yet but definitely going to look into it - a great way of advertising you as you can put your logo on the card.... ooooooo I want!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just thought if update everyone on this thread. I went ahead and got this loyalty card system and it's fab.

All my clients now have my loyalty card in the front of their purses, the electronic gift cards have been a massive hit and I've sold more since the beginning of this year than I sold in the whole of last year!

It looks really professional and such a good way of keeping track of everything

I would really really recommend it as my clients have just loved the idea and can't wait for me to add points to their card!!

Just thought if update everyone on this thread. I went ahead and got this loyalty card system and it's fab.

All my clients now have my loyalty card in the front of their purses, the electronic gift cards have been a massive hit and I've sold more since the beginning of this year than I sold in the whole of last year!

It looks really professional and such a good way of keeping track of everything

I would really really recommend it as my clients have just loved the idea and can't wait for me to add points to their card!!

Where did you get it from in the end?? Xx

I really like this idea and the plastic gift cards! I was just thinking about it and what about a bar code or qr code that you can scan with your phone and add or remove points and value, has anyone done this or seen an app for this! It would save the extra cost of the machine and having to backup to a computer!

Amanda xx

I really like this idea and the plastic gift cards! I was just thinking about it and what about a bar code or qr code that you can scan with your phone and add or remove points and value, has anyone done this or seen an app for this! It would save the extra cost of the machine and having to backup to a computer!

Amanda xx

This is what I was thinking bit I'm not very good with technology so no idea where to start xx

Amanda xx

I'm not sure how it will be possible because even barcodes run off a computer server which you would have to setup every card in. I do think mag strips and machines are the best/if not the only way.

I could be wrong though.

Yea I thought there would be an app for phone or tablet that you could scan the code and the information would all be stored within the app but I can't seem to find anything like it anyway!

Amanda xx

Yea I thought there would be an app for phone or tablet that you could scan the code and the information would all be stored within the app but I can't seem to find anything like it anyway!

Amanda xx

Yeah it's quite complicated from a developer point of view. Also data protection could be an issue.

I got it from reward it :)

I got it from reward it :)

Which machine did you get? Do you mind pm'ing me the cost of the package? I have emailed them so hopefully someone will contact me tomorrow I'm just impatient !! Xx

Latest posts

Back