Plastic nail tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

es22x

Reaction score
Hi! Just been having a play about with plastic tips on my own nails for a few months, I just bought a set from eBay for cheap but wondering if it makes a difference when using a brand or all they all much about the same and the glue is the most important? Thanks!

Some tips from EBay can be very thin, when blending into the natural nail they can literally fracture before you even get chance to put your overlay system on so I would say road test the tips well before you use on clients. X

Good tips make all the difference in the world.

Bad tips will pop up and shatter and snap much easier , you need ones that are made of good quality plastic , many of the cheaper ones are recycled plastic and they just don't do the same job. As with most things in life, you get what you pay for :)

Always look for tips made from Virgin ABS plastic, if it's not Virgin it means they're old tips melted down and made into new ones - so a bit like a re-mould tyre and you know everyone says about them!

Thanks for all your help Guys! Will maybe look at buying a branded set to practice with then! Xx

I prefer some cheaper brands of tips sometimes as I can really build the product up and make the enhancement strong as have found expensive tips seem to be thicker and the cheap ones are generally thin and flexible but just enough to create a base for my product. I prefer it like this as feel the enhancement has more strength as more product and less tip is present if that makes sense. Don't like to rely on the tip for strength so doesn't make sense for me to go for a thicker tip. I like to also literally balance the end of the tip on the very end of nail when sticking it on so as little as possible is in contact with nail for maximum product to nail adhesion, I then blend and then clip it down and shape in that order- I'm strange I know!

I found that the cheaper ones were terrible to blend and no matter how hard I tried they were horrible!! Ordered abs tips from branded company and noticed an amazing difference straight away. Me being price savvy I found a seller of abs tips on eBay only thing they r from China and take a while to come! They are 1.99 for a set of 500 which made me wonder but Purchasing for practicing my blending etc, haven't arrived yet so yet to comment about there quality! But Deff stick to virgin abs plastic for them.

I found that the cheaper ones were terrible to blend and no matter how hard I tried they were horrible!! Ordered abs tips from branded company and noticed an amazing difference straight away. Me being price savvy I found a seller of abs tips on eBay only thing they r from China and take a while to come! They are 1.99 for a set of 500 which made me wonder but Purchasing for practicing my blending etc, haven't arrived yet so yet to comment about there quality! But Deff stick to virgin abs plastic for them.

Yeah that's the problem I'm having is to get them blended well! Thanks everyone for the help! Xx

What do you mean by terrible to blend what was happening to them??

Good tips blend like butter. Cheap tips are just frustrating.

Latest posts

Back