Platinium prelightener?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I'm currently an Infinie Platine user but considering making the switch to Platinium as I know it's a real premium product and considered the best by a lot of people.

Just a few questions - it's a very expensive produce, does it go quite a long way in terms of how much you have to use?

Also, does it swell or change in texture at all? Most of my work is foiling at the moment and some balayage too, and my biggest pet hate with Infinie is the swelling x

I never like platinium and never liked it when i had it on the scalp. I much prefer infini or platifizz. Platinium is expensive and we found we wasted a lot in salon trying to mix it! X

I found when i used platinum that it swells really quick and doesnt mix well due to the creme bleach formula. It goes really lumpy even after you have thoroughly mixed ive found.
Can be used as a scalp bleach apparently according to the rep x

I really like the wella blondor multi-blond, i think this mixes nicely and i havent experienced swelling within the foil x

I thought you already use it? It is more expensive so I would just charge more when using it. I tend to save the platinium more for scalp and balayage. Foils I like using platifiz precision, sometimes infinie platine.

For platinium I use a plastic whisk to mix it really thoughly and leave it in the bowl. If it starts to swell when I am using it, then I can quicky stir it with the whisk.

Another thing to consider is that you can use the mixture for up to 2 hours (recommended by L'Oreal) so you can use the mixture on more than one client. I know a colourist that just keeps adding more to the same bowl as he balayages all day.

Whatever lightener I use I measure everything out so you get the same consistantcy everytime, and always keep a whisk nearby! ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your replies, I may move back to Blondor as I used to use it and really liked it but changed to Infinie because of the hype x I hate the way Infinie swells and you have to mix it very very runny to stop it from puffing up ridiculously when it oxidises!!

I've used platifizz and I hated it if I'm honest - I found it hit a level 8/9 yellow and just stopped lifting, never managed to get anyone to a nice clean 10 with it :( x

I thought you already use it? It is more expensive so I would just charge more when using it. I tend to save the platinium more for scalp and balayage. Foils I like using platifiz precision, sometimes infinie platine.

For platinium I use a plastic whisk to mix it really thoughly and leave it in the bowl. If it starts to swell when I am using it, then I can quicky stir it with the whisk.

Another thing to consider is that you can use the mixture for up to 2 hours (recommended by L'Oreal) so you can use the mixture on more than one client. I know a colourist that just keeps adding more to the same bowl as he balayages all day.

Whatever lightener I use I measure everything out so you get the same consistantcy everytime, and always keep a whisk nearby! ;)

Ahh those are some great tips! I was convinced i wouldn't bother buying any but you've tempted me again now :p haha x

I used it at my old salon but only about 3 or 4 times because my boss used to keep it locked away and we had to get permission to use it because of the price! So I can't really remember what it was like to use, I just remember it lifted incredibly clean and left the hair feeling good x

I've only used it twice now on clients and both those times been on scalp only. Suffice to say I'm new to this bleach. The blue one.

I can't wait to try it with balayage because it lifts so clean on the scalp. For on scalp, I noticed very little swelling so with open air hair painting and no heat I think will be nice.

My only problem is the developer in the pink bags doesn't seem to go far. But I did read here this week that someone uses a 1:2 ration for on scalp instead of 1:3. So I may try that next time.

If anyone who uses this or familiar with platinum still viewing thread, I have a question about developer. Why do they not make in 10 volume? 3%

I realize 3% often and mostly for toning. But I wanted to strand test near scalp grow out with platinum and 3% volume. Yet it does not exist. Could I try with another L'oreal in 3% (10 volume)

Thank you! xx

Satchel, a 10 volume would be nice but you should use the dedicated developers. Maybe you could try the ammonia-free version instead?

I was just thinking and wondering why they didn't have a 10. I won't experiment with another 10. Because yes, it would be nice. I may try ammonia free, but I feel on darker scalp bases it may not be as clean a lift as the blue.

Where did you get your plastic whisk? I can only seem to find metal or plastic covered metal.

Satchel, a 10 volume would be nice but you should use the dedicated developers. Maybe you could try the ammonia-free version instead?

I was just thinking and wondering why they didn't have a 10. I won't experiment with another 10. Because yes, it would be nice. I may try ammonia free, but I feel on darker scalp bases it may not be as clean a lift as the blue.

Where did you get your plastic whisk? I can only seem to find metal or plastic covered metal.

We got ours from L'oreal. I think they came with the old style inoa

I used ammonia free on scalp on base 6 and got the most amazingly clean white blonde with no toner in 35 minutes :D x

Well darn. Thank you. I'll keep looking. I'm using one with plastic over the metal, but still don't like that has metal underneath.

We got ours from L'oreal. I think they came with the old style inoa

I know. I remember from my first post here! xx

So far used blue on bases 5 and 6. Just root touch ups.

Ammonia free says lift 7 levels also. I just don't know how it would do below a base 6.

And I think that's why I'm curious about volume 10/3%. Would love to test if they had on scalp with blue.

I think with on scalp and balayge/open air painting blue you would love. Once get great consistency, it sort of whips up like icing on a cake.

And sorry for interrupting your thread! Didn't mean to budge in with my questions.

I used ammonia free on scalp on base 6 and got the most amazingly clean white blonde with no toner in 35 minutes :D x

I know. I remember from my first post here! xx

So far used blue on bases 5 and 6. Just root touch ups.

Ammonia free says lift 7 levels also. I just don't know how it would do below a base 6.

And I think that's why I'm curious about volume 10/3%. Would love to test if they had on scalp with blue.

I think with on scalp and balayge/open air painting blue you would love. Once get great consistency, it sort of whips up like icing on a cake.

And sorry for interrupting your thread! Didn't mean to budge in with my questions.

Haha no don't worry! The more questions the better! Packs plenty of info into the thread for others to read :D x

And I agree I'd love a 3% - I don't generally work with higher than 6% anymore if I can help it - doing a full head of foils I use 2.7% dia actuvateur at the back and 6% on the front, I only go up to 9% if they have lots of hair - but I definitely find the 9% foils looks more yellow which proves to me that lower and slower is the way forwards xx

(Just to confirm, thats when I'm working with powder bleach - I'm aware you should only use specified developer with platinium) x

Yes. The ones in the squishy pink bottles/tubes. My colleague at work was like "Those look interesting, but scary at the same time." ha!

The developer 20 does not go far if you start using it a lot. For some reason I feel it doesn't hold as much as normal bottles. Maybe it's just me. xx

(Just to confirm, thats when I'm working with powder bleach - I'm aware you should only use specified developer with platinium) x

I'm thinking I'm gonna hold back and not invest in platinium just yet. However... I have a dilemma - I'm not sure which bleach to buy next - I get good results with infinie but it swells a lot which makes my life difficult because my foils bleed more. I've used blondor once or twice but heard some people find it gives very yellow results - can anyone advise me? I feel like I've been using infinie for so long since I've been working from home that I've forgotten what everything else is like!! Lol x

Latest posts

Back