Platinum blonde help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkerbelle1990

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am 3 cutting assessments away from completing my level 2

I have a potential client, she is currently very light blonde, almost white. Lighter than a 10/38 on the shade chart but still tonally the same. Natural base shade 7 about 70% white.

She says she currently gets all over bleach and then toned every time she goes to the hairdressers (every 3 months) this doesn't seem right to me as surely she should just need her roots done? Or maybe even bleach highlights and then toned?

She also does not like the tone of her hair and would like to be more platinum, i was thinking toning with 10/6 colour touch to counteract some of the gold? or maybe a 10/16 koleston toner? She pointed at a 12/96 on the shade chart

After this would I be able to simply retouch her roots with koleston?

It's always more than 50% white going to blonde that stumps me for some reason :/

Thank you in advance xx

Even when a client is quite grey they still throw out a warm yellowey tone when the roots are bleached, they would be bleaching the roots up then toning them down and then running the toner over the rest of the hair to even it out, toners fade after a few washes, I'm not familiar with the colours your using but just go with the opposite colour your left with on the wheel as your toner no darker than a 10 base tho if your wanting to achieve platinum, I wouldn't go with highlights as it'll b a bit stripy going into a block colour that's not going to look good! You'll get a better grip on grey as you progress with your level 3 my best advice would be to really take time to work out what undertones a grey client has left in the non grey hair

Hi all,

I am 3 cutting assessments away from completing my level 2

I have a potential client, she is currently very light blonde, almost white. Lighter than a 10/38 on the shade chart but still tonally the same. Natural base shade 7 about 70% white.

She says she currently gets all over bleach and then toned every time she goes to the hairdressers (every 3 months) this doesn't seem right to me as surely she should just need her roots done? Or maybe even bleach highlights and then toned?

She also does not like the tone of her hair and would like to be more platinum, i was thinking toning with 10/6 colour touch to counteract some of the gold? or maybe a 10/16 koleston toner? She pointed at a 12/96 on the shade chart

After this would I be able to simply retouch her roots with koleston?

It's always more than 50% white going to blonde that stumps me for some reason :/

Thank you in advance xx

Wrong toner choice Hun 10/6 is violet witch kills yellow not gold you need 10/8 witch is blue. Blue kills gold.
Don't listen to what your client is saying your the hairdresser you do what you think is right I would do as you have suggested and bleach up her roots
Then tone her mid lengths and ends then roots last with kp 10/8 with pastel 1:2 ratio x

Sorry forgot to ask how big her regrowth is roughly? X

Sorry forgot to ask how big her regrowth is roughly? X

Thank you ladies, it's so nerve wracking having to think on your feet! I did look at my colour wheel after and think it might be a /8 toner.

Regrowth is about 3/4 of an inch. Didn't really look like the 3 months regrowth she said.

I really need to get brave with these sorts of clients, as soon as they start telling me what to do I need to take a deep breath and remember who's going to have the qualification!

Xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you ladies, it's so nerve wracking having to think on your feet! I did look at my colour wheel after and think it might be a /8 toner.

Regrowth is about 3/4 of an inch. Didn't really look like the 3 months regrowth she said.

I really need to get brave with these sorts of clients, as soon as they start telling me what to do I need to take a deep breath and remember who's going to have the qualification!

Xx

That's right! Great way of thinking! 👍 if she has a 3/4 inch regrowth start a inch away from the head then go back and do the roots last as they will take quicker due to heat from the head if you don't do this you will end up with a orange band and you don't want that! I tell my full head bleach clients to stick to a 4 week regrowth root app to stop this from happening that's just enough regrowth to apply to root straight away and get a nice even clean result at the hth Hun x

That's right! Great way of thinking! 👍 if she has a 3/4 inch regrowth start a inch away from the head then go back and do the roots last as they will take quicker due to heat from the head if you don't do this you will end up with a orange band and you don't want that! I tell my full head bleach clients to stick to a 4 week regrowth root app to stop this from happening that's just enough regrowth to apply to root straight away and get a nice even clean result at the hth Hun x

So go in with bleach all over apart from an inch away from roots and then go back and apply to that inch? Thank you so much for all your help! :) x

No probs! Only on the regrowth thou if the rest of her hair is already a level 10 trust me it does not need another app of bleach, you said regrowth is 3/4 inches so apply a inch away from scalp only on regrowth leave then go back and start at nape working your way up the front sides and do all the inch of regrowth you left out you can leave for upto 45mins with blondor bleach I usually do mine 1:2 for scalp app with welloxon perfect 6%
Wash off tone with 10/8 starting mids ends then roots all with applicator flask I let mine grab a tiny but just for that real ashy look don't be scared and wash off to quick toning is more visual when you think right it's ready just give it a tiny but more good luck let us no how you get on x

No probs! Only on the regrowth thou if the rest of her hair is already a level 10 trust me it does not need another app of bleach, you said regrowth is 3/4 inches so apply a inch away from scalp only on regrowth leave then go back and start at nape working your way up the front sides and do all the inch of regrowth you left out you can leave for upto 45mins with blondor bleach I usually do mine 1:2 for scalp app with welloxon perfect 6%
Wash off tone with 10/8 starting mids ends then roots all with applicator flask I let mine grab a tiny but just for that real ashy look don't be scared and wash off to quick toning is more visual when you think right it's ready just give it a tiny but more good luck let us no how you get on x

I will do, she called today to say her patch test was fine and so has booked for tomorrow morning eek!! Xx

Let us no some pics I will be fine 😉 x

Latest posts

Back