Please can you help me ; price lists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Thanks to all those who have supported me since Dad died on Wednesday.:cry:

I'm trying to keep going :eek:and I wondered if you could help me in my project.:)

Here's my dilemma: although I have work coming in, which I will re-start in two weeks, (which is mostly wedding events and pamper parties), it is mostly weekends. That's all well and good but hubby commutes home and ideally I'd like to spend more weekends together. What I'd like to do is build a local business working more in the week, so I am thinking of doing my beauty locally.

I haven't had a printed price list for over 2 years, the reason being is most clients come through my website and therefore see treatments and prices.

Now - I am wondering - can you tell me what you think is best?

a) Do I get some postcards printed off from Vistaprint to say what I do eg. mobile therapist does x, y z treatments and contact details

Or

b) do i go the full hog and put a printed price list through people's doors?

c) if I do a price list which is the best - an a4 piece of paper which is folded into a leaflet (so you have 6 sides) or an a5 piece of paper printed front and back. Will people read an a4 folded up piece of paper?

I'm not sure which way to do this.

I want local clients so I can drop the kids off at family if need be. I also want to get across a good image and not look cheap and tacky.

If you could give me your opinions and perhaps where I can get a template this would really help.

Many thanks!

i have postcards hun with a offer on and i also order the freebie pricelists from vistaprint , i only get 25 at a time but i get that many offers for freebies from em i order loads , lol
hope this helps xxx

I print my own price lists on A4 folded into 3 to make an open out leaflet. I think pople are more likely to keep them if they look good & sometimes a 2 sided A5 leaflet just gets thrown out too easily!

If I want to do a leaflet drop though i order postcards & business cards from Vistaprint. If you have a website then people can refer to that to check your prices. It is a good idea to put an offer on the card though to get them interested!

Have to admit I find the I only get a tiny amount of calls from door or car dropping.Seems like you have to distribute a huge number for such a small return.

I find I can pick up a few clients from monthly advertising in a monthly ad mag (better than newspapers ad as people tend to keep them till the next one arrives). Then eventually good old word of mouth starts to kick in.

Maybe you could put an advert in your local paper and put some brochures through peoples doors in the areas you want to cover listing what you do,and the prices also if you have school age children give leaflets to the mums at the gates.

I printed my brochure on my computer with a template on microsoft office and its come out really well.
I used A4 and folded it into 3 so you have 6 sides, my list is limited in what i can do as i am still in training but i have filled it up with what my treatments involve.
Hope this helps

Thanks all, I may try the a4 folded into 3, the postcards didn't get as much response for me when I put my web addy on and I think people like to sit and have a read, or through it in the bin lol!

Does anyone know a good place to get a template or have you all done it from publisher?

Thanks!

Yes, mines publisher too. It's easy but it takes a while to set it up the first time but once done it's so quick & easy when you want to add or amend things. I find it great to be able to just print as you need & control it yourself.

Latest posts

Back