Please, help a newbie out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHartley

Reaction score
I'm a recently graduated esthetician in Oklahoma and I'd like some insight from those of you have successfully created a business.

The services I want to include are:
Makeup
Spray tans
Eyelash extensions
Waxing

Makeup-I'm good at it. It's honestly the reason I got the license. I've done several wedding groups and have been asked to do Halloween makeup the past few years. But have just been using the clients products and need to build up my collection. I'm looking into several different brands. I hear wonderful things about Mac. I personally use a combo of Bare Minerals, Makeup Forever, Urban Decay, and Nars. Are there any brands or specific items you'd recommend? I Figure I'll mostly be done event makeup but want to branch out to special effects.

Spray Tans-I've never had one but I've seen plenty of bad ones. So any information will be graciously welcomed. I'd prefer to use a product line that is customizable for each client.

Lashes-I got to intern with a lady that used Xtreme Lash and loved the whole concept. I want get certified with a company that has good education, products and isn't over the top expensive.

Waxing-I currently am planning on using Berodin Wax and attending a class to learn how to better use the product. Unless, of course someone has a better idea.

My plan is to get certified in whatever else is needed and obtain all products by March of next year. Unfortunately, the beauty industry is a touch behind here in the middle of the country which is why I'm asking for advice! Thank you all so much for taking time out to help me!!

Latest posts

Back