Please help before I break down :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carleensnails

Reaction score
hi everyone soooo i started in a new salon renting a table space ( i provide my own table and all my own products) i was told i could choose how many days a week i worked and because i go to college wed and thurs i said i would work tue, fri and sat... they offered me a room to rent upstairs which i said i would take up the offer as im currently studying beauty therapy. I stated that i would use my tuesday days after christmas to start setting up the room stripping it down and re decorating and start gettin all my products together ect. I thought if this was already pre set and i was told i could do how many little or how many i wouldnt have to pay for the tuesday as i would be booking any clients in and im using my own money to provide all these new products and doing the new decorating. I wnt be with this salon forever so im doing them a favour doing all this work.. I pay £20 a day so whether i have any clients or not i still have to pay.. i also find myself doing towels and brushing the floor as they never do it properly and it makes my area look un tidy even when i do this i still pay my 20 a day.. The salon dont take bookings for me even tho my appointment book is always there they jst pass my number on.. anywhoooo i went in on tuesday did painting and came home to sort leaflets out ect. everthing i did was to do with my nails. I received a txt the next day off the manager asking where i left my money for the day as she cudnt find it. so i tb stating it was a tuesday i ddnt think i had to pay and received a rather rude msg back.. Im really worried about doing any more to this room as there are problems with the painting of the stairs ( ive been told i have to do it even though her clients also use to go to toilets) toilet windows are broke so are constantly open meaning upstairs is closed ive asked if this could be fixed and was told if we can do it yes. clearly because it wnt affect her only me.. Im now thinking i need to leave this salon save the money i pay in there a week to go towards my up and coming courses and go mobile for now... but im scared im going to fall on my bum!! please help me people.. Sorry for the essay :( x

Ok, firstly, don't be scared about falling on your bum going mobile, if you're good and work hard at finding the clients, mobile can really work.

However, before you make any rash decisions you need to sit down with the manager, face to face, and talk over the problems as you see them. Tell her what your understanding was regarding the Tuesdays while you set up and why you understood things to be like that. Be controlled and confident and not confrontational. Let her have her say and if you feel you can work things out then do that. It could just be a breakdown in communication.

If it's just not going to work for you then stop putting the effort in straight away and find a new path, be that another salon or mobile.

Your destiny is up for grabs here, don't settle for being walked all over at this stage, it'll end up costing you emotionally and financially more than you bargained for.

Good Luck

Latest posts

Back