Please help, gel extension lifting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samantha Sung

Reaction score
Dear all, please help!
I had a client who keeps having lifting problems. Sge has Naturally oily nails.
I've made sure the nail bed is clean and free from protein. Hand file nails and use a dehydrator. Used acid primer. Then apply tips wuth ASP glue and ASP structure gel builder. Gel polishes on top. All cured in my new LED/UV lamp 40watt in the correct time.

3hours later she said thumb nail lifted slightly. And a further 9mins later she said the whole thumb extension nail came off clean??

I'm out of solutions. I've already looked up on internet youtube for help. My other clients nails are fine.

Please help.x

What primer are you using?
Are you etching her nail plate enough?
Is she taking any medications?

Primer- red carpet max extension nail primer used twice
And for the final time i used salon services- acid primer.
She's on meds ( day to day) won't go into it.
And I etched her nails.
Though she is naturally very oily.

You could be overpriming. That will cause lifting if you use too much primer. You could also try sculpting the nails instead of tipping. And it could be her medication is playing a part. And I might be incorrect, but you seem to be mixing systems? It could lead to slight undercuring of product which will also lead to lifting. :)

Thank you for your advice!x

Just that I use the same products on myself and others clients and it's lasted bout 2weeks.

I'm just buffled.

Thank you for your advice!x

Just that I use the same products on myself and others clients and it's lasted bout 2weeks.

I'm just buffled.

They should last longer than 2 weeks as well :) You could try to get hold of a primer called Young Nails Protein bond. It's magical for problem clients who get lifting.

I will try that! Thank you!x

You’re using different products from different brands.
If you use a full system and lamp with thorough prep that should solve your problems

Ok. I'll stick to ASP only.xxx
Thank you.xxc

Latest posts

Back