Please help! - gel removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishes

Reaction score
Hope some Geeks might help me? I was asked if I could remove some gel nails as the place that did them could not fit the lady in to remove them for ages. I said that I could probably remove them!!! Only 1 problem I am not trained in gel or acrylic, do you think it would be ok for me to have a go at removal? If so can anyone tell me how to do it?? It would be great as in these times I would be getting a new client and hopefully convert her to shellac? You help would be apprceiated.:hug:

Firstly you will need to know if it is a soak off or buff off gel.

Does the client know you are not trained in these techniques?

Personally I would not recommend you do this unless it is a soak off gel and then you can use the same procedure for removing Shellac. If it is a buff off gel then you are entering dangerous territory if you dont know what you are doing, you could do untold damage to her nails.

I rang the shop which did them and they said they soak them then file them off. Does that make it easier to remove?:o

Anything involving a file off I wouldn't go near unless I was trained.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I rang the shop which did them and they said they soak them then file them off. Does that make it easier to remove?:o

This actually doesnt make sense as if it was a soak off gel then there should be no need to file them off.

Are you able to ask the Salon for the brand name of the gel they used?

Not sure, I could ring them and ask, I know they are all oriental that work there!!!!

It sounds like they do a combo of soaking in acetone to remove the plastic tip and buffing off the gel.

Latest posts

Back