Please help-how to dry nail polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiana123

Reaction score
i always apply a base coat, two layers of the colour and then a top coat.
between each layer i will put the nails into a air dryer for a couple of minutes but i always find atleast one nail will smudge,
any tips you guys have will help :) thanks

Sorry no answers but like to follow. [emoji3]

I use a quick dry topcoat (INM Out The Door is AMAZING) and then brush some cuticle oil over the entire nail after a min or two. x

I use a quick dry topcoat (INM Out The Door is AMAZING) and then brush some cuticle oil over the entire nail after a min or two. x
do you do the same process as me ?
and does the cutivle oil make a difference to the drying time

No, I've never used a nail dryer. I don't wait between coats either. Once the 10th finger is done, I go back to the first until the top coat is on the 10th finger. Wait a min or so and then the cuticle oil (supposedly) helps dry the polish faster (I'm not sure if/how it does this), but it definitely prevents smudges or things getting stuck to the polish while it is drying. The cuticle oil paired with the quickdry topcoat definitely works in my opinion. x

No, I've never used a nail dryer. I don't wait between coats either. Once the 10th finger is done, I go back to the first until the top coat is on the 10th finger. Wait a min or so and then the cuticle oil (supposedly) helps dry the polish faster (I'm not sure if/how it does this), but it definitely prevents smudges or things getting stuck to the polish while it is drying. The cuticle oil paired with the quickdry topcoat definitely works in my opinion. x
okay great thanks i will definately try that

I use the Wow it's dry top coat by ASP which works wonders!
Same as Moonails I don't wait in between coats, straight after 10th back to first.
Thin base coat stops as well as thinner colour coats help dry time to prevent smudges / wrinkling :)

i always apply a base coat, two layers of the colour and then a top coat.
between each layer i will put the nails into a air dryer for a couple of minutes but i always find atleast one nail will smudge,
any tips you guys have will help :) thanks

Hi what products are you using? And do you perform this on clients or yourself?

Hi what products are you using? And do you perform this on clients or yourself?
this is being preformed on clients and the products are make up time by the pound shop. i know that sounds cheap but they last a reallly long time done seem to chip and have great colours

I use the Wow it's dry top coat by ASP which works wonders!
Same as Moonails I don't wait in between coats, straight after 10th back to first.
Thin base coat stops as well as thinner colour coats help dry time to prevent smudges / wrinkling :)
thank you

I have a nail dry spray that can be sprayed between each layer, it's called Ultimate Fix just google it, it's about £20 for a large can and lasts for ages

I have a nail dry spray that can be sprayed between each layer, it's called Ultimate Fix just google it, it's about £20 for a large can and lasts for ages
does it really work?

does it really work?
Absolutely, I had three cans from Pro beauty about 2yrs ago and I've recently bought a box of 20 small cans for me to use and to retail for my clients that do their own toes.
Helps keep polish on longer to and keeps it shinier

I ask because professional products normally dry in no time.
Have you thought perhaps trying a different brand to see if you would have less problems with drying

Absolutely, I had three cans from Pro beauty about 2yrs ago and I've recently bought a box of 20 small cans for me to use and to retail for my clients that do their own toes.
Helps keep polish on longer to and keeps it shinier
well i will definately give that a go thanks

I ask because professional products normally dry in no time.
Have you thought perhaps trying a different brand to see if you would have less problems with drying
i have clients who bring in their own polish sometimes and these are top brand polishes but they never seem to last , my ones i use currently last for ages once they dry and dont seem to chip

Seche Vite Top Coat is fantastic! Never seen a similar product who dries so quick the polish layers!

Last edited:
I have one lady who will only wear a paticular shade of Revlon polish & her current bottle is god knows how many years old

I pop Vinylux Top Coat over it & its touch dry really quickly. Im smitten with my Vinylux & know its a dystem ghat shouldnt be messed with but no matter how many swatches I show her she only wants her Revlon Xx

I don't understand how people get so stuck on one colour/brand like that

They can't let go.. Bit like a hoarding addiction. Can't move on.. Fear of loss

Latest posts

Back