Please help. I think I've made a huge mistake

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapphire22

Reaction score
Hi, I've wanted to train as a beauty therapist for years but I've never had enough money the local college courses all cost around £2000 excluding uniform and equipment courses. Last year I spent £300 on a distance learning course, thinking that once I had got the diploma I could do the one and two day courses with the Carlton Institute to gain practical experience and maybe get some work experience in a local salon.

I qualified 2 months ago and started to look at getting membership and insurance. The association recommended by the distance learning course I trained with will only give full membership to therapists trained to level 4 (I'm only trained to level 3) and you have to get your insurance somewhere else. I'm not keen to register with this association anyway as they look a bit...dodgey? Maybe I'm wrong and they are perfectly reputable but I don't get a very good feeling from them.

I looked at the more well known associations but none of them will give membership to home learners.

I don't know what to do now. I'm not sure which company I can trust to not rip me off or con me into wasting more money. Please help me if you can.

try salon gold xxxalso if you have not done a college course you may qualify for free course. its worth asking xx

I thought it was only 19year olds and under who could get free higher education college courses? Are there any other ways to study free?

I have contacted the beauty guild and am now insured at least!

Thank you all of you for your help. xx

I thought it was only 19year olds and under who could get free higher education college courses? Are there any other ways to study free?
I'm 46 and will have to pay towards my exams if I go to collage, the pricing is worked out on your employment status / wages and if you have already have previous quals with the collage in this area.
I have contacted the beauty guild and am now insured at least!
So glad you've got your insurance sorted.

Because i had not done a college course before i did not have pay. this was about three years ago.....( i am 50 mmmm. something.....not telling lol )xxx

Latest posts

Back