Please help-IBD base or Gelish base with IBD?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krystle-tips

Reaction score
Hi every one.. I really need some help. I have spent days and days looking on here and google to find out what the best thing to do is.

I have read that ibd is great, BUT if used with its own base coat it peels of people within days.. But lots of people I have noticed use gelish base and top it of!

I have paying clients, so I haven't time to trial this and it go wrong - I wear acrylics so I can't try it on myself. I will be purchasing all these polishes tomorrow so really need your help!!

Please please help :)

Thanks so much xx

Do you mean the gel polish? If so, I use IBD colours but always use Nubar base and top. Because yes, I find the IBD base and top are not very good.
Strangely, as much as I love the Nubar base and top, I don't rate using them with the Nubar colours! Don't seem to last quite as well as the IBD. Very strange.

Do you mean the gel polish? If so, I use IBD colours but always use Nubar base and top. Because yes, I find the IBD base and top are not very good.
Strangely, as much as I love the Nubar base and top, I don't rate using them with the Nubar colours! Don't seem to last quite as well as the IBD. Very strange.

Thank you for that! How odd!
Yes I meant ibd just gel polish - I've never known a brand to be worse of using the full system. Il have a look in the nubar base - thank you. Xxx

I use gelish base and top x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use IBD gel polish with IBD base and top coat and have no problems at all. My clients all last 2 weeks plus with no chipping lifting or peeling. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't like IBD base and top, find it hard to remove. I use Gelish Foundation and TIO with IBD color coats. It is within manufacturer's instructions.

I just bought 1 IBD colour to test but will be using my Gelish base and top since A) I already have them and B) I keep hearing bad things about the IBD top and base.

I use the full just gel system and have no problems. If you're already using gelish i could see why you would on,y want one set of base and top.

Ps do many people mix and match there brands?? Or run two brands along side each other? I'm just starting out and have decided to go down the ibd route with ibd hard gel as well as gel polish. So if I wanted could I sandwich a gelish colour between my ibd base and top???

Well Gelish says that it's totally ok to use their base and top coat with other gel polish systems so that's good enough for me to not feel bad about using IBD with it.

Well Gelish says that it's totally ok to use their base and top coat with other gel polish systems so that's good enough for me to not feel bad about using IBD with it.

Yep, I do this!

I use the complete Shellac system & the complete Gelish system, but I've just started to introduce IBD JustGel and use my Gelish Foundation & Gelish Top It Off with it xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm thinking of changing brands as I use ezflow trugel and there range of colours isn't as good as ibd! If I was to change to ibd is it as good and what base and top coat would you recommend? Just trying to get a better range of colours for my customers! X thanks

personally I would always recommend a complete system.

having said that.......I believe the trugel is a part of the Ibd company (correct me if im wrong) you may be able to use an ibd colour between your existing trygel base and top. perhaps buy an ibd colour and try it on yourself.

Thanks I will look into the ezflow and ibd connection thanks x

I'm thinking of changing brands as I use ezflow trugel and there range of colours isn't as good as ibd! If I was to change to ibd is it as good and what base and top coat would you recommend? Just trying to get a better range of colours for my customers! X thanks

That's odd. EZ Flow TruGel and IBD Just Gel (along with SuperNails ProGel) are the same thing produced by the same parent company (AII, which also does China Glaze and Seche, here's the link American International Industries). The 96 colors are the same, e.g, TruGel Mojito = IBD Just Gel Sea of Capri = SuperNails Turtle Bay. You can probably find online the list of the color names in each line. Perhaps your distributor doesn't carry as many in TruGel as in IBD Just Gel? In any case, you should have not problem using IBD with your TruGel stuff.

Awesome thank you everyone x x

Lots of my clients now ask if I use gelish so because it's a gel could I use the ezflow trugel base and top coat on gelish until I run out and then purchase the gelish base and top coat?

I use IBD Just Gel which I really like but their base and top is not that great.
I use it with OPI base and top coat.
The base coat soaks off cleaner in big chunks and the top coat i like because it doesn't have that "glow in the dark" effect.

I use gelish base and top x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app
How do you remove? I use gelish too and base with ibd colours but find it takes forever to remove?

I use the full ibd system I’ve had no problems at all. My clients get three weeks without chipping or lifting. I use the ibd power bond first, this I find really extends the wear. The base coat needs to go extremely thin, followeres by thin coats of colour and top. If it’s too thick you risk lifting/peeling. I find it’s hard to remove though x

I use the full ibd system I’ve had no problems at all. My clients get three weeks without chipping or lifting. I use the ibd power bond first, this I find really extends the wear. The base coat needs to go extremely thin, followeres by thin coats of colour and top. If it’s too thick you risk lifting/peeling. I find it’s hard to remove though x
Hoe do you remove

Latest posts

Back