Please help me create this for my client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophistikatedn

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Has anybody had any requests for this design? I have a client on Tuesday that would like it. If any of you have done this before and can give me done tips?

I'm thinking do one coat of chosen shellac colour and cure 2 mins then do second coat and flash cure to hold for 10 secs then either carve with dotting tool gently through or use another tool of some sort with an edge to create the pillow effect??
Once carved cure 2 mins then add jewels to finish.

Thanks for reading x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399025014.852568.jpg

I would do one colour coat then put striping tape on to make the criss cross then do a second colour coat and cure then remove tape and top coat xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi geeks,

Has anybody had any requests for this design? I have a client on Tuesday that would like it. If any of you have done this before and can give me done tips?

I'm thinking do one coat of chosen shellac colour and cure 2 mins then do second coat and flash cure to hold for 10 secs then either carve with dotting tool gently through or use another tool of some sort with an edge to create the pillow effect??
Once carved cure 2 mins then add jewels to finish.

Thanks for reading x
View attachment 63905

Yep, agreed, would flash cure second coat and make indentations with one of those dental floss things? I'll attach a pic of what I mean! xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399026199.476190.jpg

Thank you the real mrs grey! So helpful as usual :) xxx

Would you flash cure, indent, the do a normal 2 min cure? Fantastic idea!

Yes that's right pinkiepromises that's what I'm going to do :)

I've had a client request this as well. I'm curious to see how it comes out! :)

Well....over the last couple of nights I hAve tried and tried this look. I've found it difficult if I'm honest!!!
I used your fab suggestion mrs grey and it made a slight indentation. I thought I'd cracked it and continued with my gems and cured then top coated and cured and then found ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399149292.707585.jpgthat the topcoat just fell into the lovely little lines I'd made with the dental harp!! Grrrrrrrr
I tried on both nail pop and my own nail and same happened each time. I'm stumped. This is a pic of what I managed to produce on the nail pop but not impressed at all.
This may have something to do with the fact I'm using a nude colour and doesn't show up as well but the flooding of topcoat would probably still happen regardless of colour used I think?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Indent the top coat too.......?? Love the idea of this

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Forgot to put on my last post I tried indenting the top coat too after flash curing first and it didn't make much difference :( thanks anyway. Xx

There must be a way!! 😔

Iv struggled doing it with gel tho with regular polish I managed it by using matte top coat! I just can't get it to work with gel

Emma-Louise

I would do one colour coat then put striping tape on to make the criss cross then do a second colour coat and cure then remove tape and top coat xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for your above suggestion Becca. I actually tried this to see if I got. Better result and I think I have :)

Here's the pics x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399151642.309736.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399151706.761643.jpg

Thank you for your above suggestion Becca. I actually tried this to see if I got. Better result and I think I have :)

That looks great!! I'll have to show those pics to my client. Thanks for posting your results. :)

Sent from my Note 3

Try using 2 colours one just a bit dark then the other. Mix colour if needed. To light colour 1st then cure put tape on use slightly darker colour. Take tape off. Cure then top it off. X

Latest posts

Back