Please help me decide on a hair extension course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orbie

Reaction score
I'm a returning newbie please be gentle ;) x

Hi all it's a while since I was last here so please be kind. I've been looking into training with hair extensions for a while now. I'm sooo confused with which company to go for. I need somewhere either leeds or Bradford area due to time constraints with my kids and school.

Can anyone help me out with regards to who I should consider training with and which technique/s I should be looking at learning?

I've searched on here a few times already and either quality of training/hair or distance has been an issue. Obviously cost is a factor to a certain degree. .I contacted a very reputable (so I'm led to believe) company who were nothing but helpful. Unfortunately it was way out of my price range.

Hoping you lovely ladies can set me on the right path :)

Studio 58 and connect 2 hair have had good reputations. You also have companies like Great Lengths who I believe are in the higher price bracket.

There's a few others but I can't think of them! Unfortunately for a decent course you will need to pay the price but its worth it.

Studio 58 are brilliant.

Thank you for answering... Unfortunately studio 58 is too far away for me...I'm waiting for a reply to a message left at connect 2 but nothing so far. Has anyone had any experience with Balmain?

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I waa going to say studio 58 too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well I've been contacted by a lovely lady at connect 2hair today and have pretty much decided I'm going to book...she suggested micro rings to begin with. Any advice on another possible method I can do on the day? I don't want to do more than two at once. And also is it worth me doing the cutting course too? I've been qualified for over 20 years but have never cut or styled extensions, is it really different to normal cutting?

Bonds

I would suggest you learn micro beads and glue bonds too, both are good for different types of hair. I did a balmain course in my salon years ago and they are good but a lot of what I learnt only applied to balmain, and their hair is expensive. I have recently done a course with Belle which was actually in a hotel in leeds. They taught micro beads, shrink wraps and glue bonds in 1 day. I be fair I would rate the balmain course of a higher standard but nothing wrong with belle. No idea about any others. Hope you find the right course! X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would suggest you learn micro beads and glue bonds too, both are good for different types of hair. I did a balmain course in my salon years ago and they are good but a lot of what I learnt only applied to balmain, and their hair is expensive. I have recently done a course with Belle which was actually in a hotel in leeds. They taught micro beads, shrink wraps and glue bonds in 1 day. I be fair I would rate the balmain course of a higher standard but nothing wrong with belle. No idea about any others. Hope you find the right course! X

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for replying, I got in touch with Balmain too but the next course available that I could get to isn't until February next year :(
I think bonds will be the way to go as well as micro rings, gives me a couple of options to begin with.

I am in the same position I'm looking for a good hair extension course. I was going to go with belle cuz their website looks really good but then I heard some bad reviews, I've heard good things about studio58 a lot of people on here recommend them but I'm just worried a day course isn't going to be enough as I'm not a hairdresser but I think u can go back if ur not 100% xx

Apparently studio 58 are really good. They are just too far away for me :(
I've been qualified in hairdressing for 20 years and I'm under no illusion it will be a walk in the park. My problem is is I'm a perfectionist lol :p

Why not book a hotel where they are doing thw training. It will be worth it!

I've just booked myself onto a course with Glamorous Lengths - I've read some bad reviews on here but hopefully it should go okay - not being in the industry yet at all makes it a bit harder but it was discounted heavily so perfect for me to just try my hand at it and see if it is for me :)

Hi Sophie,

I would like to assure you on our hair extension course. We have taught thousands of students and im sure you will be more than happy with our course. If you feel you have not learnt enough on our course you can come back to the next course free of charge. We encourage students to ask as many questions as possible to get the most out of the experience. The teachers are their to help you and make sure you are fully trained.

You can speak to our advisers directly by giving us a call. x

I am in the same position I'm looking for a good hair extension course. I was going to go with belle cuz their website looks really good but then I heard some bad reviews, I've heard good things about studio58 a lot of people on here recommend them but I'm just worried a day course isn't going to be enough as I'm not a hairdresser but I think u can go back if ur not 100% xx

Hi Orbie,

Id love for you to give us a chance. We have a training center in Leeds. Our next training course is on 11th December.

I'm a returning newbie please be gentle ;) x

Hi all it's a while since I was last here so please be kind. I've been looking into training with hair extensions for a while now. I'm sooo confused with which company to go for. I need somewhere either leeds or Bradford area due to time constraints with my kids and school.

Can anyone help me out with regards to who I should consider training with and which technique/s I should be looking at learning?

I've searched on here a few times already and either quality of training/hair or distance has been an issue. Obviously cost is a factor to a certain degree. .I contacted a very reputable (so I'm led to believe) company who were nothing but helpful. Unfortunately it was way out of my price range.

Hoping you lovely ladies can set me on the right path :)

And to add to this thread.....one of my staff has attended a Belle course and has been successful ever since, they received their certificate and thoroughly enjoyed the training AND have the desired insurances in place. It is always about practice afterwards whatever course is attended. I don't believe all these bad reviews for these companies that are mentioned on here are justified! AND THAT IS MY OPINION!

Thank you for all the advice :) I'm pleased to say I'm booked in with connect2hair on the 15th for micro rings and pre bonds so fingers crossed lol x

Thank you for all the advice :) I'm pleased to say I'm booked in with connect2hair on the 15th for micro rings and pre bonds so fingers crossed lol x

Hi Orbie, looking forward to training you on the 15th, we have sent a receipt out for your deposit paid and a confirmation/information letter.

Zephyr
senior tutor
connect-2-hair

ps: have been training for 12 years in January lol, feels like 12 weeks!!!:)

Thank you so much zephyr you have helped me no ends always there for advise day or night completed 3 methods with your company plus just attended the cutting course love your courses there so relaxed and you yourself are such a professional,kind and genuine human being thank you so much once again love & hugs julz

Thank you so much zephyr you have helped me no ends always there for advise day or night completed 3 methods with your company plus just attended the cutting course love your courses there so relaxed and you yourself are such a professional,kind and genuine human being thank you so much once again love & hugs julz

Thanks Julie for your kind comments. It was so nice seeing you again and I'm glad you enjoyed your Cutting Level 1 Course. ps: Hope you got home ok, take care, Love Zephyr x:)

Latest posts

Back