Please help me pick a colour for this client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup Honey

Reaction score
Client is base 6, 60% grey mostly around hairline. Fine shoulder length hair.
I have been using half 7/0 + half 7/4 6% koleston perfect.
Thing is, she uses a garnier box colour herself between my visits and it gives her a much better shine than my koleston:(
She puts it on the ends too and now with the build up on ends its gone quite dark.
I would love to try a colour touch plus but no strong reds in this range at all.
She feels koleston I use is just a bit dull. I would love to find something else that would give her coverage and red and shine. I use wella and L'oreal.
Anyone any ideas at all please? I'm feeling really stumped by this ladys colour.
Thanks a mil xxx

Any ideas please? :o
xxx

Could you do the regrowth , rinse and then apply a bright semi over the top? I use wella , but i have to say im not very adventurous with the reds on white/grey hair as im always worried that the white will come up pink or orange .. I had a bad experience while training , when a base 6 with copper mixed in went purple just on the sides ( but there could have been any number of other reasons for that)

personally i would be really annoyed if my client was using a box dye in between. i dunno how this is ok? The ends have obviously grabbed from all the harshness of the box dye. Perhaps you could advise her against the dreaded box dyes and let her know shes need a colour correction from her over use of colour. Might wean her off. Colour wise the ends will need lifting but they will revert back if she does it herself....good luck xoxo

personally i would be really annoyed if my client was using a box dye in between. i dunno how this is ok? The ends have obviously grabbed from all the harshness of the box dye. Perhaps you could advise her against the dreaded box dyes and let her know shes need a colour correction from her over use of colour. Might wean her off. Colour wise the ends will need lifting but they will revert back if she does it herself....good luck xoxo

Don't get me started on
Box dyes!

I have a client who does the box dye between visits. I have managed to get her to use semi Colour in stead. It's less of a hassle, but still not ideal.

Thanks for replies:p
I have told her time after time that the box colour is doing her hair no favours and she agrees and then goes and sticks a sneaky on in before I get back to her:(
Ends are now way to built up but because I'm mobile and only back hairdressing after a massive break, I just haven't the confidence to do a full correction at home.
Soooo I've spoken to her and she's happy to let me put a few highlights through it. Question is now what toner to use afterwards. I have only used caramel toners (dialight) and a bit nervy of the reds.
It still has to look natural enough for her and not mad red but you can't mix any of the rubilane reds with base or have any of you mixed them?
I'm probably just panicking a bit without need, if I did the highlights really fine I'm sure the copper dialight with rubilane would not come out too mad.....
Ok no more ranting:o

Ive just used dialight 8.34 on my hair and its not very red more of a light auburn very natural .

Ive just used dialight 8.34 on my hair and its not very red more of a light auburn very natural .

I'm not a fan of 8.34 it's more auburn/copper I love 9/4 though x

Liana, the 8.34 in dialight looks v light. Did you put it over prelightened sections? what colour is the rest of your hair? I'm starting to think half 8.34 and half 6.34 for toner. I'm also hoping this will shine up remaining hair too that has build up of tint:rolleyes:
Blue, I can't see a 9.4 in dialight:suprised:

Im a base 7 -8 with old bleach and hi -lift random pieces , which have all grown out at differant levels .I dont use loreal often , what im trying to say is that I know this colour isnt fleuresent!
I think loreal colours come up a little bit darker than wella.

Illumina use 7,35 25ml 7/ 10ml 6% on roots 35ml developer
illumina ends 15ml 7/35 30ml Pastel to make it act as semi, Illuminas undertone is violet, so it wont be too warm but will have a nice shimmer of warmth, also illumina has 100% grey coverage and is 70% more shiney then any other product on the market. colour is also less dense so it gives more of a shine, quite translucent colour toning.

Latest posts

Back