Please help me to get to the top of Google

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiva1

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Can anyone recommend any reputable companies you have used in relation to Google ranking? I am still on the front page, when you google things like Brazilian waxing for my area etc, which is good. I'd still like to maintain the top position though.

Would be greatful for any recommendations.

Thanks. Andrea

Jemz Nails & Beauty Reading - Welcome

There is some but very few and far between. Ones we have found that are, for the kind of things we wanted was a charge of £1,000 + minimum a month.

Just be careful because Google is about to launch a new update to Penguin 2.0 which is set to shock the search world so I would wait at least 1/2 months plus before doing anything anyway. Generally most companies are useless with the techniques they use as there out of date. Also beware any company that makes promises. Soon as they make a promise walk away. It can't be done. No promises can ever be made. Real SEO experts/companies can only advise an indication on the amount you spend.

Hope this helps some what.

Andrea - I think you're best spending your money on less nebulous methods of marketing...

If you're top, whatever you're doing is working and it's unlikely to change any time soon.

Enjoy being top and capitalise on it! Whilst you're there, gain Facebook likers, collect email addresses for email marketing and don't forget about your current clients, the secret to successful business is repeat custom.

Don't be too paranoid about being knocked off top spot, it's not going to happen over-night. But while you're there collect information that will give you insurance to use other marketing methods should you fall a little...(which you rarely have control over one way or another).

Thanks guys, I appreciate your useful response. Carl, you are right. To be honest, I am not doing too badly at all.

I will await these Google changes!

Generally most companies are useless with the techniques they use as there out of date. Also beware any company that makes promises. Soon as they make a promise walk away. It can't be done. No promises can ever be made. Real SEO experts/companies can only advise an indication on the amount you spend.

Very true.

There is some but very few and far between. Ones we have found that are, for the kind of things we wanted was a charge of £1,000 + minimum a month.

Just be careful because Google is about to launch a new update to Penguin 2.0 which is set to shock the search world so I would wait at least 1/2 months plus before doing anything anyway. Generally most companies are useless with the techniques they use as there out of date. Also beware any company that makes promises. Soon as they make a promise walk away. It can't be done. No promises can ever be made. Real SEO experts/companies can only advise an indication on the amount you spend.

Hope this helps some what.

Yep- correct.

SEO companies are either;
a) Out of date with search algorythms
b totally guessing

The only people who know how the searches work at Google.....are Google.

A company who make billions of pounds of advertising revenue (and who don't WANT you to know how to get to the top of searches organically) aren't going to give their secrets away gladly to tin-pot search companies who are relying on our ignorance, despite the fact that they're as ignorant as us :)

The way to bump yourself up on google is simple.. You need people to go onto your website.. The more views the higher up you go.xx

I think there may be a little more to it than purely traffic numbers, though I'm happy to corrected by those with more experience and expertise!

there's the SEO thread around here somewhere?
I remember that being very helpful

The number of genuine quality links to your website plays a role too. That's why some sites like Gumtree charge extra to let you post an active link to your site rather that just your phone number which is free. It shows Google that "people" are looking at your site - the more relevent your site appears the higher up the listings you go. It's worth mentioning that Google's methods and systems are top secret and worth hundreds of billions so are very well protected....it's all just speculation!

Links to your site now no longer matter.
People used to (and many SEO companies sell to you still) link building campaigns which due to recent google changes over past 6months to a year weigh something like 0.01% to your ranking no matter how many you have.

Yell, Gumtree etc etc all sell premium listings with website links to get 1. get clients click straight to you 2. because there a business and want to make money also! Can't run a website on fresh air.

Link building is something you will continue to hear from many many SEO companies and they mean almost nothing now.

Does updating the content of your site (eg new pics, text, videos) regularly also help out of interest?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Now let’s not fall out over this lol but…...

I said “genuine quality links” as opposed to the link farms and systems that SEO companies used to use to get as many of your links out there as they could. Google got wise to this and would actually downgrade your listing place as they saw that you needed these cheap tricks to make yourself seen. Google care about relevance, not numbers. The more Google see genuine people are talking about a website, the more relevant it seems to people like them.

Lots of sites and forums don’t allow hyperlinking for the reason people abuse them looking for free links.

And yes, regular updates help too. It shows the website is still in use and has not been abandoned, therefore still relevant.

That it does.
Keeping your website regularly updated with relevant, fresh content is the biggest way to get seen by google. Google SEO Moz. They have a free SEO guide to beginners. Now I would say takes a lot of getting your head around but there is a section you could skip to that gives you help on writing the best most relevant stuff without being too spammy to google's eyes.

Does updating the content of your site (eg new pics, text, videos) regularly also help out of interest?

Very true.
Sorry skimmed over your original post! lol.
It's very hard to get genuine quality links don't you feel?
A lot of work and time but is worth while. Helpful if know some people that write quality blog posts I think in this instance.

Now let’s not fall out over this lol but…...

I said “genuine quality links” as opposed to the link farms and systems that SEO companies used to use to get as many of your links out there as they could. Google got wise to this and would actually downgrade your listing place as they saw that you needed these cheap tricks to make yourself seen. Google care about relevance, not numbers. The more Google see genuine people are talking about a website, the more relevant it seems to people like them.

Lots of sites and forums don’t allow hyperlinking for the reason people abuse them looking for free links.

Also videos tagged correctly are a great SEO booster if done right. Can be simple but works. Since google bought YouTube ever noticed sometimes the top search results that come up at the top are sometimes videos? This is why :)

Also videos tagged correctly are a great SEO booster if done right. Can be simple but works. Since google bought YouTube ever noticed sometimes the top search results that come up at the top are sometimes videos? This is why :)

Fabulous ive made and added three vids to my site this week via youtube so this will hopefully add to keeping me in that top spot along with regularly updating my site.

I'm no expert but I would say that Google is a lot smarter than most SEO companies. You can't trick Google & if caught trying you could be blacklisted. Just try to run the online side of your business as you would the offline side of the business.

Make sure all your contact details are correct on all the directory listings Google likes too see that information from different sources matches up it gives your business some Google juice as it sees you as more of a legitimate business.

Our business was listed as being at "Phoenix Business Park, Ripon" (in some directories) whilst others had it listed as "Catherdral Workshops, Low Mill Road, Ripon". We have now corrected all these discrepancies.

It's also worth making sure your website adheres to all the legal requirements such as contact information & cookie rules.

Try & produce unique "word of mouth"content & share this content, hopefully others will value your content & share it with their network.

You could ask customers to review your business online. Again claiming your Google Place is important here.Andrea I see you have done this & this will have helped you get where you currently are.

Just concentrate on building a solid honest online presence which real people genuinely wish to visit & the rest will hopefully follow.

Nicola
X

Last edited:
Cheers guys, you have all been really helpful. Much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back