Please help me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have started the course, I've got all my equipment and have completed the first 3 modules online so they know I've started it so I assume I cannot cancel now

Ok so I got a Sally's card no problem, but while in there I was speaking to the lady and have decided to try and get out of ICS and go with Sally's

Ok so I got a Sally's card no problem, but while in there I was speaking to the lady and have decided to try and get out of ICS and go with Sally's

I agree, on pure principal that they were dishonest when you booked I would try and get my money back!

in fact for the money your paying I would see what CND can offer. Their training is amazing and brand specific so you wouldn't then have to pay for any conversion courses? I've heard good things about crystal nails and nsi training as well, so worth a thought?!

To be honest I'm happy to say goodbye to my deposit and call it quits and I'll keep the kit as I'm sure the deposit I paid covers it. If they won't agree I'll just cancel my direct debit

To be honest I'm happy to say goodbye to my deposit and call it quits and I'll keep the kit as I'm sure the deposit I paid covers it. If they won't agree I'll just cancel my direct debit

Yeah I would do that as well! I hope others see this thread before booking with them!

Hi ya,
Right under the Direct debit scheme there is a way of getting back any funds paid by DD .. (You need to speak to your bank) ... Re the course has been 'mis-sold' and is not as advertised.
But How did you pay for deposit ... ?? ... Direct Debit, Bank card, or credit card If you paid by credit card you can get this refunded. If by bank card it may be harder. But you need to stop the DD and speak to your bank advisor.

£1000 for a unqualified course is ridiculous .... You could have paid for a NVQ course / CND nail tech course ... And had a lot more structured teaching.

Hope this helps (joys of working for a collections team in a well known bank in a previous beauty life .... Lol)

Xxxxxx

I paid the deposit with my bank card :( not too bothered about the £100 but I will be cancelling the direct debit for sure before they take the first payment... Although they have my card details, could they take more money that way??

I would look at your t&c's did you enter into an ongoing payment agreement on your card? might be worth emailing them and putting it in writing that you retract any permission to take ongoing payments from your card x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I trained with Essential Nails.

I've got a Sally's Trade Card, S2 account, Ellison's account etc.

I can also get insurance.

I don't know if Essential Nails is who ICS go with but I know that the Gel and Acrylic courses together are much cheaper than £1000 if you go through them direct, for the same course. Might wanna cancel it anyway and go with Essential Nails direct, will save dome money?!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just another thing to add...
I am now insured with ABT Insurance. My Essential Nails diploma was a sufficient qualification for them to insure my service.

I have had no issues with getting any trade accounts or insurance with the Essential Nails diploma.

Like I've said, I don't know if that's who ICS Learn use but if they do, you'll be issued with a cert from Essential Nails (I would think anyway) and that will be enough for insurance and trade accounts.

Hope this helps!

I paid the deposit with my bank card :( not too bothered about the £100 but I will be cancelling the direct debit for sure before they take the first payment... Although they have my card details, could they take more money that way??

Yes but if they do that without permission you can do a chargeback through your bank,

good for you for getting facts and great for putting it on here it is good perhaps you look into perhaps starting a essential nail group with fact tips and help if there is not one all ready

however i dont think you can buy from certain brands(with out doing there course) check that one out next for the essential girls

xx

That's a good idea, I think I'll start an advice fb group for Essential Nails students!

Ok, so I've started a group on Facebook, the name is Essential Nails Geeks - Advice & Tips.

I will leave it open today, for people to find and join, then will make it secret (similar to the Jewellery page) and open it up every other day or something for new members.

Last edited:

If you cancel your card and get a replacement it stops them that way as well ;)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having.
I am in canada and took a uv nail course back in 2003 I believe.
I use this certificate( just says I competed the course) to go to any nail supplier and purchase supplies.
I have not ever had any issues.
I would check around again to see if the certificate stating completion of course would be sufficient enough.
Again I'm sorry for all the issue you are having

If you cancel it at the banks end then technically no they shouldn't but if they do you can ring up and the bank will have made a note of when you cancelled it. Just say you cancelled it with ICS as well even if you didn't and they will refund you in 48 hours I think. I know this as I've had to do it a couple of times myself 😊 x

Latest posts

Back