Please help with my business dilema

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandstring

Reaction score
Hi all, ok so I finally got in Minx on tues this week and practiced on my own hands, a friends fingers and toes and a hairdresser from below my nail bars toes. They all went on ok and have been really pleased with the results on toes, but have decided to only do it on fingers for special occasions.

Then on Wed I had a client in, who was booked in for twinkle toes, but after seeing the hairdressers Minx, kept changing her mind but finally went for Minx in Gold.

I then got a call yesterday saying that they have all lifted and one has nearly come off and she now wants them removing and twinkle toes doing instead free of charge.

I have checked with the other toes I have done and they are all still perfect(the hairdresser had even been swimming twice and had run in trainers).

So please help me, what should I do? what would you all do? would you try to recify the minx problem or do the twinkle toes free of charge?

She is coming in tomorrow!

Hi all, ok so I finally got in Minx on tues this week and practiced on my own hands, a friends fingers and toes and a hairdresser from below my nail bars toes. They all went on ok and have been really pleased with the results on toes, but have decided to only do it on fingers for special occasions.

Then on Wed I had a client in, who was booked in for twinkle toes, but after seeing the hairdressers Minx, kept changing her mind but finally went for Minx in Gold.

I then got a call yesterday saying that they have all lifted and one has nearly come off and she now wants them removing and twinkle toes doing instead free of charge.

I have checked with the other toes I have done and they are all still perfect(the hairdresser had even been swimming twice and had run in trainers).

So please help me, what should I do? what would you all do? would you try to recify the minx problem or do the twinkle toes free of charge?

I would rectify the minx. Twinkle toes has nothing to do with it now, the client chose minx. x x

I've done about 30 sets of Minx toes and have just had my first client having problems. She had Bio on her toes before but wanted Minx from me so I removed the Bio and Minxed her toes with Pink Cheetah. 3 days after I did it she rang to say that 3 had lifted and scuffed so I went and replaced them free of charge, but she has now rang (4 days later) to say they are all peeling/lifting and can I do gel toes for her instead.

Like I say this is my first problem with Minx and I'm putting it down the the client rather than the product. I wear Minx on my toes and have done for 8 weeks without any peeling. I know for a fact that my regular Minx clients get 6 weeks from their toes without an issue.......

The only issue I'm struggling with now is what to charge her for the gel toes. My usual charge is £25 so I'm thinking of £15 - I know the Minx isn't my fault but tbh it's not really hers either....... I don't want to do them for free though. I don't think you should do the Twinkle Toes for free, but maybe for a reduced cost to cover product and a bit of time?

How much do you charge for the minx. Why don't you refund her for the minx and then charge her your normal price for the gels?

oops sorry, I was replying to the thread above and not the original question. I have slapped my wrists!

To the original question - I would either rectify the minx or remove FOC, which addresses the issue. If she then wants other services, I would charge as normal.

Latest posts

Back