please help with my orange hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherryplum

Reaction score
Hello - sorry if I’ve posted this wrong but I really need help!!!!
About a month or 2 ago I dyed my hair black (had no idea how hard it was too get out) I’m naturally a medium brown so it really didn’t suit me, it started to grow out and I thought maybe I can just gradually make it lighter with a lighter dye - it didn’t work my hair stayed the same - my roots a dodgy orange:confused:
My hair looked worse than before so I got the colour stripped out - now its completely orange, it ranges from light to dark all over! :eek:....:cry:
Some people told me too leave it as it looks "nice" others just look at me strange.:irked:
I’m not sure if I should try to re-dye? Strip again then re-dye? Or leave it for a bit? - I no I should go to a salon but I really can't afford too right now..
Thanks in advance!!!

Hey hun the reason your hair wont go lighter after dying it is because tint wont lift tint (in other words if you want ur hair lighter after dying it its not gonna happen with out stripping/bleaching) because it had grown out a bit on the roots the dye you put on affected the new hair not the coloured hair. I would say that you should go to the local college and have a level three look at it. The tutors are highley trained and will be able to advise you on what to do at a fraction of the cost. Hope this helps.xxx

oh i have seen this sooooooooo many times!!!!!!!!! why oh why mess around with box dyes.
ok so your roots may of seemed orange against the black but if it was applied on your natural hair it should of gone the correct colour.
when you use a colour reducer it only take syou to the orange colour you have now and that needs to be re-coloured,
it works by opening the cuticle and releasing the colour molecules to get the black out, it WILL NOT take you back to your natural colour!
if you choose to do it yourself you can't go any lighter then the shade it is now. but i HIGHLY recommend that you seek a proffesional to do it for you
your local college is a great place to star

good luck xxxxx

Latest posts

Back