Please help with these toes! Picture attached

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink_Princess

Reaction score
this client wants me to make her toes pretty! the yellowing looked like a fungal infection and I said she needs to see gp/podiatrist first to make sure. She is convinced its not fungal and just discolouring as she has used 3 different fungal treatments and the nails have grown back the same. the last one she used was one that dissolved the toenails and then they grew back still yellow. the nails are really uneven, ridged and spooned. Help please! I don't want to lose her as a client but im just unsure about the condition of them!

Attachments

• WP_20131030_002.jpg
    WP_20131030_002.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 680
Ooh yeah they look like egg shell nails and really quite lifted?! Yellowing can sometimes be due to constant non wearing of base coat under dark colours... However if it keeps growing back like this there may be damage underneath on the nail bed!!! I think it's best to seek doctors advice x

Also the big toe is really quite rigged... It would point me to wonder if she wears the wrong sized shoes?! Causing trauma and damage to her nails.

thanks for your reply. yeh iv advised gp but she seems reluctant even though she wants me to do pedicure! she has really small size feet but is on her feet a lot at work. the nails are very jagged but also quite thick. hope she gets them sorted it would feel great to make her proud of showing off her tootsies again!

I would firmly tell her you can not do. Pedicure with out doctors not to say they are ok! She might not like u for it for a little while... But hopefully her peace of mind on knowing you are a professional, and would prefer her to get help is more important to u rather than the price of a pedicure may just mean she will b a client for life! And it's things like this that ppl rave about!!
If she's reluctant it's maybe cos she's scared of what the doctor will say??

Over the counter or topical fungal treatments aren't very effective, a gp may have to prescribe something so she has to bite the bullet and get them seen to!

It's hard to tell from this picture as there is still some polish but there looks to be some onycolysis on some of them and in any case where the nails look discoloured white/yellow, crumbly and lifted away from the nail bed you need to rule out fungal infections or other contraindications so you are right to refer this lady to a GP and not to diagnose. Over the counter remedies are not affective against fungal infections and they take a very long time to get rid of. Using an over the counter product for a month it two won't have any impact.

:rolleyes:
this client wants me to make her toes pretty! the yellowing looked like a fungal infection and I said she needs to see gp/podiatrist first to make sure. She is convinced its not fungal and just discolouring as she has used 3 different fungal treatments and the nails have grown back the same. the last one she used was one that dissolved the toenails and then they grew back still yellow. the nails are really uneven, ridged and spooned. Help please! I don't want to lose her as a client but im just unsure about the condition of them!

Latest posts

Back