Please keep the witty one liners to a minimum in the Main forums

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
I have noticed that the professional forums are getting clogged again with one liners that are unhelpful and non-constructive. Whilst comments like "PMSL that is so funny" may seem witty to the poster it can be very infuriating to the thread starter and others who are interested in a professional topic.

Also, if it seems that a thread has had lots of responses often I don't bother to read them to see if I can help, and I know others do the same. Then it turns out that the whole thread is filled with "I'll watch this thread with interest" "so will I" "and me" "oh I think I know the answer to this but I'll leave it to someone more experienced" and so on. And it's even more annoying when you search for a thread and think yippee this has loads of replies and again find it is full of unhelpful waffle.

Whilst we are a friendly bunch I am sure that you can see that these comments are really unhelpful ... so keep the one liners to the chitchat forum wherever possible please. This is not aimed at anyone in particular because I am sure I am just as guilty, but I think a gentle nudge is now needed as it's getting endemic and we are starting to get many reported posts about it. This in turn will mean that the moderator team will have to start deleting them which means more work for us. So please think before you post.

Thank you for your co-operation - happy geeking :hug:

I think you're right. Hadn't really thought about it before, but you are right on all counts. And so nicely put Sass as well!! :hug:

Well put Sassy......This really infuriates me...and yet I know I am guilty of it too.:o:

A timely reminder to us all to keep threads on topic.

Latest posts

Back