Please Read, concerns home based salons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
I sympathise with your problem. I am also a home based therapist who does mobile too. I am also a council tenant, and the terms of my tenancy was that I had to gain permission from my borough council before operating a business from my home. I phoned the office first and spoke to a very unhelpful negative assistant who told me that I would probably not get permission and that I may as well forget it!
Well, rather despairingly I wrote to my housing officer, detailing my proposed hours of operating (school hours and saturdays), that I would not be employing anyone - that it was just me, that I would have no more than one car outside my house at any one time, that I would be fully insured, licensed with Essex County Council to give massage treatments (local bylaw), and all my equipment would be PAT tested. Basically laying everthing out so that they could see the whole picture.
Anyway, I received a very charming letter back from my housing officer saying that I had permsission to run my business from my home as long as I did not cause nuisance to my neighbours in any way!
This goes to show that the first answer you get is not always the correct one!
Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back