PLEASE read!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimjamjarz

Reaction score
hi, im starting my new job as a junior assistant/apprentice on tuesday! (excited:green:) but what i forgot to say about in the interview was holidays,

i have a two week holiday booked for may (cuba!:green:)

How many days a year legally do you get off work? As im worried that my employer will be annoyed that im already asking for time off? But its already booked!:irked:

I start college for training in sept so untill then ill probs only be doing jobs like sweeping hair and washing and making tea.

But what do you think? Do you think that i will get in trouble or itll be ok?

Thanks in advance for reading!!

Just let her know on Tuesday, she'll probably have a chat with you at te end of the day, to make sure you liked the job and she is happy with you ect so just mention it then.

I thik you get around 28 days.

Just let her know on Tuesday, she'll probably have a chat with you at te end of the day, to make sure you liked the job and she is happy with you ect so just mention it then.

I thik you get around 28 days.

hiya, thanks for your reply, yeah i was going to (when i had a chance) speak to her and just say i forgot to ask about holidays. And technically if im only working three days a week, if i get 28 days off, then its only 6 days to ask for! But i think itll be alright! The girl i will have to ask is really nice so i dont imagine there would be a problem, just wondered incase because ive just started it'd be a problem! :S

I'm not sure if you will get 28days workin only 3. She'll probably tell you all this on tues.

Your giving plenty of notice of holidays so there shouldn't be a problem. X

I'm not sure if you will get 28days workin only 3. She'll probably tell you all this on tues.

Your giving plenty of notice of holidays so there shouldn't be a problem. X

thats what i was thinking, never mind i guess what happens happens!
Thanks for your help :) - eased my mind a bit haha! :) xxx

depends what it says in your contract etc it wont be 28 days ur entitled to it will be pro rated downwards due to u being part time i think, also some places allow u to take holidays after u have accrued enough work time to take em. hopefully it wont be a problem cos you already booked it.

When I was a manager a few years Back it was something like 1 1/2 days per month earned for holiday so if that's still rules u should be ok for 6 days in may but like the others said run it past her tomorrow xxx good luck in ur new job xxxx

Latest posts

Back