Please remember that this is a professional forum

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenski

Reaction score
As the title says, is it really too much to ask that people behave in a professional manner. We all come on here to search for and also give advice where we can. When advice is given please remember this is done with the best of intentions, Please try not to read tone into the response. Instead just take it for what it is, a helping hand.

If the reply is not what you were expecting or wanted, please take the time to read, digest and reflect on the post (which in most instances is only meant to help) , before replying in anger,or taking umbridge.

I for one, feel that if we were to lose some of the most experienced geeks, who take time out of their day to advise and nurture us on this site, then it will be a very sad day indeed.

alittle professionalism goes along long way :hug:

Very well put! And I completely agree

im with you 100% x

I'm sorry but I don't agree, I think every post should be treated with respect and this goes for those reading and commenting.
I'm starting to feel like I can't use this forum anymore for fear of getting rude comments when I'm simply asking for help. I don't think it's a case of misinterpreting what's been said when its meant to be helping because sometimes it is simply rude. I don't think I'm the only one that thinks this either.
This is meant to be a forum for support and guidance and if I was giving advice on a treatment I'm experienced in I would with a degree of common courtesy.
I feel like this post is in other words saying 'let the more experienced therapists say what they like and everyone else just deal with it'

Well said Hun, I couldn't agree more, I've noticed it a lot lately to be honest on here and I feel we are so lucky to get such advice from geeks such as Geeg, especially for free!

As the title says, is it really too much to ask that people behave in a professional manner. We all come on here to search for and also give advice where we can. When advice is given please remember this is done with the best of intentions, Please try not to read tone into the response. Instead just take it for what it is, a helping hand.

If the reply is not what you were expecting or wanted, please take the time to read, digest and reflect on the post (which in most instances is only meant to help) , before replying in anger,or taking umbridge.

I for one, feel that if we were to lose some of the most experienced geeks, who take time out of their day to advise and nurture us on this site, then it will be a very sad day indeed.

alittle professionalism goes along long way :hug:

Totally agree & well said!

I'm sorry but I don't agree, I think every post should be treated with respect and this goes for those reading and commenting.
I'm starting to feel like I can't use this forum anymore for fear of getting rude comments when I'm simply asking for help. I don't think it's a case of misinterpreting what's been said when its meant to be helping because sometimes it is simply rude. I don't think I'm the only one that thinks this either.
This is meant to be a forum for support and guidance and if I was giving advice on a treatment I'm experienced in I would with a degree of common courtesy.
I feel like this post is in other words saying 'let the more experienced therapists say what they like and everyone else just deal with it'

I agree with this and am often tempted to leave the site when I see rude "i know best" posts. Can almost hear people saying "go on then" but I stay because the majority are helpful, some make me laugh some make my day and some give me not only beauty but life lessons xx

Quite right. What some fail to realise is that we are getting all this information from industry established professionals for FREE! Not to mention the time and effort they put into the site too.

Try to look a little deeper, it's all meant with good intentions so that we can benefit from their experience and knowledge.

Remember too, if you don't like the look of a thread or post...........don't read!

No one is out there to upset anyone, we are all too mature and sensible to engage in playground activities.

Everyone will agree to disagree but at the end of the day, but it is impossible to detect tone in the written word and a little time, patience and understanding is all it takes.

As has been said several times before, if there's a comment or post that offends you or you feel may offend others, please hit the Report button and the Moderators will take a look, discuss and act as appropriate.

In the meantime, since there is not much more to be gained for discussions such as these, I am closing the thread.

I know Karen has closed this thread but I wanted to just sew a seed of thought.

Sometimes this is like being at school, we have many playground spats to deal with, but that aside, this site is primarily for education as well as support etc.

We cannot possibly get on with or like all of our teachers however, which ones do you think we would learn from the best - the ones who tell us everything is perfect and there is nothing to improve (when possibly deep down they may be thinking, OMG they are terrible, for example) but they dont want to hurt your feelings, or the teachers who tell us how it really is in a constructive, but possibly blunt way. Many times people dont mean to be blunt but the internet and our busy lives lend themselves to short and quick replies. We dont always have time for fluffiness and chit chat.

We all take things way too personally on here, if someone says our work is not perfect then we cannot seem to see past a personal slap in the face.

If you dont want an honest from the hip answer then dont ask the question.

There are many on here who would have given their right arm for this resource when they were learning. If you were to sit down and honestly work out how much class time would cost to learn what you can learn on here for free, I think your eyes would be well and truly opened.

The site is what we all make it and if we choose to make it like a school playground and moan about this that or the other person and take things too much to heart and personally then many people will leave and that would be a real shame.

Read things with a positive head rather than always a negative one and things will soon be much brighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back