Polish changing colour !!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dids

Reaction score
Hi just wondered if anyone else has had this problem.
Yesterday I did a manicure and pedicure using the same polish, base and topcoat on both hands and feet. The fingers were fine but after painting the toes, the polish changed colour. I have had this happen a couple of times before with cerise pink colours but this was a peach which changed to a mauvie colour. It is OPI polish.

Any ideas why this happens anyone!!!

Unfortunately the lady didn't have time for me to repaint her toes and left with fingers and toes that did'nt match. Luckily she is a regular and wasn't too bothered.
x

Did they only change colour after you applied the top coat?

Is it a UV top coat?... some top coats have a purple tint to them and glow under UV light... they stop any yellowing, they make the whites whiter and the pinks pinker on a french and have a very bright look to them, but if you put them over a colour it will completely change the colour of your enamel

No not a uv top coat and the colour started changing after applying the second coat of colour. Used the exact same on fingers and toes, so why just the toes?

I'm totally baffled sorry :eek:... I'm dying to know if any other geeks can help you out here.

I am also baffled. Sorry chick. Have never had this happen before. How strange! xxx

Could it have something to do with how porous her nails are or medication she's on?????

Where's Geeg when we need her??? :):):hug:

I'd love to know why this is happening!!!

My thoughts would be a reaction with one of the pedicure products you used hence only on the feet

- it may be a trace chemical residue that has affected the pigment in the polish...

The only thing i can think of is perhaps u didnt roll the polish ( shake) it well enough and there are un mixed pigments left in the bottle... so the colour is not even.. a litte bit like painting a wall without mixing the tin....
other than that i have not a clue sorry x

Latest posts

Back