Polish choice advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmie20

Reaction score
Ok - I'm not looking for someone to so much to give me an answer, as I will do my own thing anyway, but I just wondered if people could give me some opinions. Basically I'm torn over which brand of nail varnish to go for, either Mavala or CND. I've been back and forth between the two for weeks, and I just can't decide!

So - Mavala: it's got a huge colour selection, and the mini bottles so I can get loads of different options for a reasonable amount. Also, it's then not the end of the world if the colour is unpopular. I find the colourfix top coat amazing at keeping the varnish on as well. I'm also more experienced with it.

CND - I'm buying the majority of the rest of things from them, so id only have to place one order. It dries quick and easy, with or without the Lumos top coat. I have found it hasn't lasted quite as long, but I possibly just need to get used to product. I also like th effects and the layering options. But it would be more expensive to start out.

So... Any opinions...

CND! I've only tried Mavala once - never again! It didn't wear well at all. CND ones are amazing, think of it as an investment.

I have tried Mavala, OPI and CND and think that Mavala lasts the longest but I have not tried CND base or top coats.

I started off using Mavala as I thought the little bottles were perfect for mobile work, I have since switched to CND they last better in my opinion and i only have 65 bottles as opposed to 200 that i ended up with using Mavala!
hth

I've not tried mavala myself but cnd all the way for me. I was a nubar and OPI girl until a couple of days ago but when i got my handful of cnd polishes out and had a play I've fallen in love!

The brush is brilliant, to me just like shellac, you can layer to create shellac colours for toes, a big bonus, they dry super speedy and are fabulous with lumos base and top coat. I think its fifty colours and fifteen effects can create 800 colours which is fabulous if you're mobile ie less bottles and in the long run costs you less. Whilst i love the choice of nubar and a number of the colours in OPI, i did find i was buying a colour just because it was in that season or because i could, colours and effects make you buy smartly, less bottles more colours with effects.

I also find cnd polish real luxury. Price wise they are actually one of the cheapest to purchase, but don't lack on quality that's for sure.

I'm about to put in a sizeable but affordable order in with sweet squared and can't bloomin wait!

Hth x x x

Latest posts

Back