Polish yellowing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clownyclaire

Reaction score
Hi all finally posting a question- hope it's right...
Here goes-
A client wanted glitter varnish over her tips( didn't want acrylic glitter mix) so I added a clear polish with glitter to the area. When she came bck for infills I noticed it had turnt a tinge of yellow ? Once I filed this area it went back to brilliant White in colour. Anyway I assumed it was my polish so bought a new one n applied a layer over my own nails and within 2 days I'm starting to see a change to my sculptured pink and whites. Does Any one have any ideas? I used 2 different brands of polish and the acrylic I used on my self is different to my clients as I have changed to nsi since she last came.

Some polishes yellow very quickly when exposed to UV light. Using a good top coat such as super Shiney stops this happening. Are you using a professional polish or an over the counter polish?

One was by spangles and the other was by sinful at my local wholesale I topped them both by opi. So annoying as it so pretty when first applied! :-(

One was by spangles and the other was by sinful at my local wholesale I topped them both by opi. So annoying as it so pretty when first applied! :-(

You need a UV protective top coat. Usually they are tinged blue or purple. Neither are pro polishes even if you bought them at your local wholesale outlet. they sell sinful in pharmacies in the USA

Latest posts

Back