Popular services?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebeautician

Reaction score
I've just booked on to do teeth whitening but want to offer additional services such as my own VIP brow and facial service (you can see where I got the idea from lol)

Im doing facials, brow shaping/tinting but don't want to do nails, hair or waxing I'm not good at any of those.

I am also learning cosmeceuticals but feel like there's something missing? Any ideas on a popular service worth doing as a mobile therapist?

Thanks

Hi I'm not sure whether this applies to all teethwhitening services but there have been a couple if threads on here about only those with dental training being allow to carry out teeth whitening. I dint know if this applies to you but check it out first so you don't waste your money :)

its getting more and more advanced all these treatments so your probably on the right course esp with the cosmetic stuff! waxings my bread and butter and imagine it is for most people. maybe you just need to build up confidence and you would feel better about offering these services? i would cover my bases and make sure i didnt have to turn away a customer for anything. but up to you. what about eyelash extensions? if your doing vip brows. also you could try going organic - fits in well with a vip facial service.
hope thats helpful? peace xx

Be careful with the teeth whitening, hope you haven't paid anything yet?

Go on to the general dental council website and look at their latest publication. They prosecuted a guy for teeth whitening as he wasn't a registered dentist or dental professional.

X

Hi tiger lily, sarah, botox boy thanks for the advice xx
Hope u both had a good bank hol xx
I like the idea of the organic range I guess offering that as well as custom cosmeceuticals could cover both types of client mmm

As for the teeth whitening, I booked with fuss, apparently u don't have to be with dental council? I thought thats only if ur using a high percentage particular type of whitening agent-theyre really pushing this bzero and said the house of lords confirmed whitening was a cosmetic not dental procedure? I paid a 400 deposit but I'll get a refund today and do abit more research...thanks guys

This change was only published in the last few weeks so double triple check!

I'd steer well clear of anything to do with tooth whitening until there are specific regulations laid down, no matter what the company says. It's way too controversial at the moment!

Thanks for the warnings guys, Ive just got my refund and will train in the other areas first until things are much more clearer.

As for the teeth whitening, I booked with fuss, apparently u don't have to be with dental council? I thought thats only if ur using a high percentage particular type of whitening agent-theyre really pushing this bzero and said the house of lords confirmed whitening was a cosmetic not dental procedure? I paid a 400 deposit but I'll get a refund today and do abit more research...thanks guys

Glad to hear they honoured a refund. Apparently Fuss uses insurance providers that are based in India not the UK. Although I have been advised that they have registered an office in the UK now. Be very careful, why would they insure you in another country. Or am I being thick, what's wrong with UK insurance?

Glad to hear they honoured a refund. Apparently Fuss uses insurance providers that are based in India not the UK. Although I have been advised that they have registered an office in the UK now. Be very careful, why would they insure you in another country. Or am I being thick, what's wrong with UK insurance?

Thanks taggyboy, even if it was an indian provider, id prefer a UK insurance company as this is where id be operating, but yeah it all sounds abit odd.

I was initially sold on the idea, simply because they said that their product had been safety tested by the CSA, quoted a reference number on the website and claimed that Bzero had the MSDS sheets (material safety data sheets).

As I formulate my own lotions etc, i usually look for these as I can get CAS numbers but they said they cant show the MSDS to customers. I guess that would give away the formulation of their whitening agent. Its all up in the air - thank god I got my refund. x

Hi tiger lily, sarah, botox boy thanks for the advice xx
Hope u both had a good bank hol xx
I like the idea of the organic range I guess offering that as well as custom cosmeceuticals could cover both types of client mmm

Everyone is correct only dentists can do teeth whitening, even dental therapists and hygienists have to do it under the guide of a dentist! The GDC say that the application of something on the tooth or by simply advising on teeth whitening is a dental procedure and therefore under the Dentists Act can only legally be carried out by a dentist. They have done a test case and won and have another 3 coming in May. I'd steer clear. x

Latest posts

Back