Portable Beauty couch, does yours weigh more than you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy_locket

Reaction score
ok just want to ask to anyone that has a portable couch how heavy is yours??

i ordered one this week and yesterday when it arrived i was really excited and started to set it up well it took ages to get it out the box then out of the black carry case all the time thinking it must be all this packaging making so heavy. Well sadly this isn't the case, not only is it as big as me but it SOOOO bloody heavy!

I'm sat here this morning looking at my super fab looking pink couch but haven't a clue how the hell i'm going to lift it in and out of the car :irked:.

Also how on earth do you put up and collapse yours with taking out everything around you?

Hubby say's send it back and do the treatments on the floor!
not very professional me thinks :lol:

Hi ya,

Just to let you know...your not alone..

I have white portable beauty couch, and yes it weighs more than me. When I ordered it I was the same (because its one of the lighest ones available) I couldnt believe the weight of it, but when you think about it, it has to support someone's body weight (my couch is up to 23st) so its got to be study and have some weight behind it to enable it do that.

When I ordered it, I thought, I dont need a trolley...since then I have a got a trolley, as this makes it easier wheeling it in and out of houses and the car. (When putting the couch in the boot of my car, I have to use my wonder woman powers as my boyfriend calls it).

As for taking everyone out when I open it up, nope still havent quite masterd that one, it seems to be more of a case of 'stand back'.

I will say this I do always have to hold on to the couch when a client gets on and off of it, as it does tend to tip if you dont.

I bought a so called portable couch, and I'm flippin' glad I don't have to lug it about. The wretched thing weighs a ton and on one memorable occasion when I tried to put it up myself I ended up like the wicked witch of the north with just my feet poking out from underneath it. Alex - the horrible boy - thought this high amusing and stood sniggering whilst I lay there. I had to promise all manner of impropriety to get him to help me up!

Portable my a*se!

lol, my couch is as heavier than me, a total nightmare to get in/out of the car.
Then putting it up, well, i have to lie the couch on it's side, push out the legs then try and get it upright without the legs collapsing in on me!
Getting it down is worse as i have to lie it on it's side again, without the couch falling on my feet (yes, i have nearly broke my toes a few times). I have took all the extras of the couch, not that it makes any difference.
Then i have to carry my box. Think i may get a trolly.

Ditto with all of the above! I have to lie my couch on its side and open the legs, fair enough, but then I have to try and stand the little sod up again without it all folding in half again with the legs out. It really needs a something to keep it rigid so it is easier to get up and down. And sadly although it does weigh a ton I suspect I weigh rather more than it...lol! Lx

:green: My 'portable' couch also weighs as much as a baby elephant! And I've taken all the extras out too. Thanks goodness I don't have to lug it around anymore, I almost put my back out trying to get it into the car the first time as it won't go in the boot so I had to try to get it into the back seat. Not easy!

When I put mine up, I keep it on the side that has the 'feet', open it out and lay it as flat as it'll go, then lift up one end - the legs come up and lock into place and then do the same at the other end. Presto! My couch is up, yay! I tried to put the legs out st first, then kind of pull it up towards me and up, but I have laminate flooring and I nearly killed myself and nearly broke my lovely new couch that I hadn't even used :eek:

To put it down, I hold onto the handles on the side and try to gently put it back on it's side (not easy - I know where you're coming from with the broken toes!) and then just fold the legs back in and close up.

My couch has what I would call tension cords running through the base so the legs stay put once it's up.

Thanks goodness I'm in a salon as of Thursday!

xx

lol, I think we all have the same problem putting up/down the couch. Though putting it down is alot worse.
To think when i bought the couch it said something like 'suitable for mobile work as it sturdy, light and quick and easy to put up and down'. hhmmm think the wording needs changing to ' b***y heavy, difficult to lift into a car, support belt around body needs to be worn whilst carrying to prevent back damage, and steel cap boots advised to help prevent broken toes!

lol, I think we all have the same problem putting up/down the couch. Though putting it down is alot worse.
To think when i bought the couch it said something like 'suitable for mobile work as it sturdy, light and quick and easy to put up and down'. hhmmm think the wording needs changing to ' b***y heavy, difficult to lift into a car, support belt around body needs to be worn whilst carrying to prevent back damage, and steel cap boots advised to help prevent broken toes!

i completely agree!!
i've removed the extras to loose a small amount of weight from it. i think i may be able to carry it just not in the bag as i find it on my should more difficult :confused:
as for the floor issue, i also have wooden flooring and this certainly causes more problems!!

they could do with a support that once folded out it keeps the two parts out and not keep collapsing back in... i have managed to work it that if i stand at one end and tilt it up it does work but i think i might be putting to much strain on it....as for putting it down i haven't a clue apart from wearing hubby's work boots :lol:

Latest posts

Back