Possible allergy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faerififi

Reaction score
I posted a thread the other week about a client who has a frizzy patch of hair at the back of her head, a change in texture compared to her usual straight hair. I advised her as to what it could be but told her it might be a good idea to go to the doctors as i believe it could be hormonal.
I did a balayage technique on her using bleach and high lift tint, which i skin tested 48 hours before with no reaction. There was no colour on the scalp.
Shes messaged me now, 10 days later saying that her scalp has been mildly itching and quite flaky since the service. Is this a reaction?
I advised her to take antihistamines, oil her scalp and leave it on overnight to see if this made a difference, and waiting to hear back on this. I also told her to visit a doctor if the itching persisted or got any worse.
Its weird because the last time she had her hair coloured was 2 years ago when I was still training, and i did bleach and tint foils with no reaction. She's been travelling since.
Any thoughts?

Has she changes products? Changed anything in her diet? This doesn't sound like irritation from the service, but simply aging/change hormonally.

Yah thats what im inclined to think, she had changed birth control pill, now is back on her old one. I suggested this might be the cause of the frizzy patch before.
Also, she is 26 so not menopausal or anything.

Latest posts

Back