possible client'allergic' to acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sian1979

Reaction score
hi all,
my client has recommended me to a friend ...but her friend said that even though she loves nail enhancements she cant have them as the last time she had them she had an alergic reaction to them. Symptoms being that her hands all blistered up!!!!?????
She had them done by a home tech and doesnt know what products were used.
I have not spoken to her myself but have told my client to tell her to come in and see me for a chat and i will see what i can do.
My question is 'is she really alergic?????' as she only had the nails on once.
and also is is possible to do some kind of skin test???? i know product touching the skin leads to overexposure and then gives alergic reaction so was not sure if this would be a sensible route.
Like i said i have not spoken to her yet so unaware of the full story (and exactly how much product her skin came into contact with) but would like to know what i can offer her when she calls.
Thanks

Last edited:
Send a p.m to Kirsty (amethyst_angel), she is very allergic to l&p, and is allergic to Brisa aswell. She will be a good person to advise you on allergic symptoms and how to/how not to work with them.

I cant advise hun, have never come across allergic reaction myself. Good luck

bumpty bump.....i just thought i would give this a bump as i need help with it cause i dont know what to do still. Thanks
xx

If it were I ... I would do one or two test nails to see what her reaction is to your product. Leave her for 2 days to see if she has had any reaction to it (she will actually know within the first 12hours). Then if she is OK you can schedual an appointment.

Do not even attempt to do a home made pach test on her skin!!! This is a big no no and in any case will not give you any idea of what she is actually allergic to. Products contain hundreds of chemicals ... you would not know what specific chemical was causing the reaction.

It is very rare for a person to be allergic after one go with nails!! Could have been something quite different.

Latest posts

Back