Post chemo colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allazwills

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a beautician but needing some advice for my mum. She has just finished chemo and did lose all of her hair. It has started to come back now and is very grey so looks a lot less than is actually there. She wants to colour it but was told no permanent colour for 6months after treatment. Do any of u know of anything that she could use or will she just have to wait it out? I know there's a wella colour with no ammonia or maybe a henna or vegetable dye that would be suitable? Thanks!

I think you should listen to the advice. Dont use henna it can make you allergic to other colours x

I would recommend no colour at all. To be on the safe side.

Get her to embrace it. Grey hair is fantastic.

When my mum lost hers and it started to come back, we cut it into funky little pixies and styled it. She rocked the salt and pepper look and I thought she looked absolutely amazing.

Yeah its all the rage

Certainly avoid colouring her hair. The scalp and hair follicles are still delicate.
I have a client in next week who wants to be taken back to her salt and pepper Grey, it's all coming back now.

Hi all, I am a beautician but needing some advice for my mum. She has just finished chemo and did lose all of her hair. It has started to come back now and is very grey so looks a lot less than is actually there. She wants to colour it but was told no permanent colour for 6months after treatment. Do any of u know of anything that she could use or will she just have to wait it out? I know there's a wella colour with no ammonia or maybe a henna or vegetable dye that would be suitable? Thanks!

Glad your mum is through her chemo. If your Mum just wants a little lift you could just use hair chalks - see hairchalk.co.uk get direct from manufacturers, not through eBay sellers (you never know how long they have had them). I was lucky after my breast cancer op I had radiotherapy, I refused chemo!

(Edited by a Mod to remove DIY advice)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear your mum has had a rough time of it lately. However, I have to agree with funtimefranko about not using henna. It can cause a lot of serious breakage problems if your mum has professional colour applied later.

Latest posts

Back