post natal depression

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hug: lell xxx

Well some very brave ladies have bared their souls, some interesting advice and lots of support as well.

But the one thing that stood out to me was how many women have and are suffering out there, some for long periods of time and not getting the help they need and suffering in silence because that is what you do because you don't think that anyone else understand what you are going through.

Sometimes the hardest thing can be to admit you have a problem.

Those that truely have been depressed know what its like to have that demon sitting on your shoulder and know that you can only take each day as it comes complete with its highs and lows of which their can be many in one day.

What i would say is for anyone who is suffering out there and crying while they read this thread then contact someone and share your problem even if its just one of us, dont be alone.

What i would say is for anyone who is suffering out there and crying while they read this thread then contact someone and share your problem even if its just one of us, dont be alone.

Very well said. I got help - I dont know where I would be if I didnt. Dont suffer, life is to precious.

hey ladies,
i see how we all seem to be women, i guess we forget that men suffer in silence too.

they play a role of being so macho but when they feel depressed or have a major problem they dont want to tell anyone or talk about it cos its not the manly thing to do.

xxxx

Corinne that is a mega valid point-thats why the website i found was so great-it recognised that partners and families can suffer too so it had a seperate section on the forum for the families to get support...i strongly advise anyone suffering to visit this site
PNI-UK: Perinatal Illness - UK

I know how you have felt it is more common than people think.
I had pnd with my second son.He would not sleep either he just screamed and screamed.
My partner booked a holiday abroad and we took our elder son with us and left the baby with my blokes mom.Some people could'nt understand me leaving him for a few weeks when he was 3 and a half months but I needed to get away.I came back made an appointment with my doc and things got better.I felt better when my baby screamed with my mom in law just the same so I knew I wasn't to blame for anything.
SHE WAS LIKE A ZOMBIE WHEN WE GOT BACK

my thoughts are with you hun , the world can seem like a cruel place at times. my experience with depression has lasted 20+ years since i had my first son and ive had 2 bouts of PND iv`e wanted a daughter for 20 years and although i love my boys its a longing. i had my third child 2 years ago and was told at 20 weeks it was a girl we were over the moon hubby told everyone and then went on a spending spree but at our 32 wk scan we were told it was definately a boy, i was inconsolable and actually felt like i`d lost a baby! (i dont meant to offend anyone that has) it just felt like i was carrying a different baby, to make matters worse hubby was off to canada for 3 months when baby was 10 days old and he had to go. as i`s suffered PND before there was a worry this was going to be a trigger again so i saw CPN and it really helped he understood that i felt bereaved and told me to do a memory box with some of the things i`d bought and to also write a letter to go in there, he also said to write down all my thoughts and then re-read them in brighter moments so i could try and rationalise them and i`d say give this a try, thankfully i have some good friends and they helped as i have no family here i now have a happy very spoilt 2 year old thats the apple of our eye and on dark days i write down how i feel and then remind myself of all the positives in my life. the dark days do get fewer and further apart and you learn to look for the warning signs, mine is not wanting to walk the dogs or open the curtains little things to anyone else but red flags to me. i wish you well and it helps to vent your feeling, so post again if you need too karen x:hug:

Latest posts

Back