Posting pictures of other peoples work.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
I came across this on Facebook yesterday and I thought it was very apt for here too. Members of the public can view messages on here so please bear this in mind when posting pictures.

Post by Gigi Rouse (AKA Geeg)

To my nail tech friends who are posting horrific images of nails on FB ..... Please think what you are doing! This is fear marketing ... It will not drive people to YOUR door, it will just drive people and potential AWAY! Most of these images are fakes and sending out a very bad subliminal message to all who read it and see it, about our services.

Let your excellent work drive people to your door ... Not fear.

My advice? Remove anything like this from your time line and run your business with dignity.

I'm probably going to throw a bit of a spanner in the works here because I have to disagree.

On the odd occasion I post pics of bad work that comes to me ( but I'm more a lash tech than nails )

This is not to drive people to me but to protect others that do not understand that there is bad work out there.

I'm very passionate about my industry and protecting it's reputation from the bad press it's already got ( lash extensions)

I pride myself on giving my clients the best lashes I can with no damage / however I'm always being undercut by budget salons/ therapists offering such bad lashes that destroy the natural ones. I don't mind being undercut - but I'm being undercut for a reason!

The public do not understand that this industry is not regulated therefore they assume that a cheap set of lashes is the same as an expensive set.

Is it not my responsibility to help protect people and let them know this is not the case?

I see so many ladies that have had a horrific first experience and it has put them off having lash extensions ever again / this is not good for our industry and not fair on those ladies ( I've been there myself years ago before I joined this industry)

If someone is posting bad pics to big up their business then I agree that this is wrong but for me it's to show others the damage bad lashes can do / and that it will take time to repair.

I never tell anybody to come to me / I do tell them to research their lash tech.

I also get a lot of feedback from my clients that see my bad pics and then we have a discussion - and they are shocked or say they have had the same and so glad they have found me and have beautiful lashes that cause no damage.

So for me il continue to post these pics to show that there is a difference between lashes and that cheap a
Is not always nice.

I am new to this industry and come from a very corporate business but I was taught to never badmouth your competitors so I will bring that with me, it makes you look worse than them.

Latest posts

Back