Potential nail station candidate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinners

Reaction score
As my other half has had a pay cut and my ex hub has been sacked and can't pay maintenance for our kids :/ I have revised my station plan downwards lol. Do you think this would work ok? Bearing in mind I've never had a nail station before, so I don't know exactly what to look for! Any advice is much appreciated, as always xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382811030.073279.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

No storage area ... Thumbs down from me. I do not like trollies.

L -shaped desk for me with everything stored at my working-hand side. I also see NO ventilation .. Recommended by EVERY manufacturer .. Can't ignore that I'm afraid .. Or if you do it is not advised.

Easy access storage is essential so would have to say no to this particular desk x

Hi Hun, I know lots of techs that use a basic desk and get on fine...you can get storage that can sit next to you...

If you can't afford a better suited one at the moment then I'm sure you will get on fine with one like this...babies need food in their tummy more than your desk needs storage....

I'm mobile so I don't have built in storage and I manage...

One bit of advise go to the shop and sit at it...get your partner or friend to sit the other side, make sure your not stretching across just to get to them and it doesn't feel too high or too low...

Hth xx

Hi Hun, I know lots of techs that use a basic desk and get on fine...you can get storage that can sit next to you...

If you can't afford a better suited one at the moment then I'm sure you will get on fine with one like this...babies need food in their tummy more than your desk needs storage....

I'm mobile so I don't have built in storage and I manage...

One bit of advise go to the shop and sit at it...get your partner or friend to sit the other side, make sure your not stretching across just to get to them and it doesn't feel too high or too low...

Hth xx

Yes great advice I would go and see the table as you can't tell how it will feel when you sit at it. Also if you are going to ikea you may see something else you like and for storage you can get some great stuff at ikea. Good luck and don't forget to come back and post a pic (love pics) x

I'm sure you can buy a simple desk for much less, that also has storage, from anywhere. I bought my first desk from MFI for 20 pounds. 3 drawers each side and perfect width of about 18 inches.,

I use a portable table in my home salon along with a trolley. I like the versatility and easy-to-move aspect. Also if I go on-site somewhere I can take it with me. Got mine for about $70 with lamp included. My trolley was $40. Love it. Edited to add: I love the look of the table the OP posted!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1382819827884.jpg
    1382819827884.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 393
I would also advise you to go and see it in the store, you might find it a bit too wide. I have a glass desk from Ikea and a trolley for storage as I work in two different places in the salon and don't want to duplicate everything.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/231098-ikea-tables.html

here are some Ikea desks with photos, this might help you.

I'm sure you can buy a simple desk for much less, that also has storage, from anywhere. I bought my first desk from MFI for 20 pounds. 3 drawers each side and perfect width of about 18 inches.,

£20 was a lot of money in them days geeg! Lol!
Sorry couldn't resist :) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I have this one

GLASHOLM Table top - glass/black - IKEA

at 52 cms wide, I find this just the right size to work comfortably.

Cost me £35 with the legs, bought a trolley for £35. Perfect for my needs.

Thanks so much everyone!!

Ch-ela, you little beaut, I love that! Ok, so this is where I will be stationed. Incidentally, this is purely for practice and family/friends nails, as I will be going mobile from March for clients. So I have a double wide chest of drawers for products and equipment and I will put a shelf on the wall to display polish, I know my fam don't care about that, but I want it all to look nice :) so I have put the dining chair where I will sit with a desk in front of me. I'll go to Ikea this week and check it all out!

Thanks once again peeps :D xxxImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382822860.837372.jpg

£20 was a lot of money in them days geeg! Lol!
Sorry couldn't resist :) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Cheeky!! Xx

You can buy a storage with some tables, I have one and it's great as all my stuff is to hand xImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382823015.522168.jpg

That looks fine. Just another tip, I don't like my clients to sit on a chair with wheels/casters. I don't want them moving away from me, its hard work.

My table leaves me plenty of room to have some of my products on it and still have plenty of room to work from. Remember not to work in the sun, and don't display your Gelish in the sunshine. I keep mine in a drawer.

You can buy a storage with some tables, I have one and it's great as all my stuff is to hand xView attachment 46361

I know some people have that with the Glasholm table top and only two legs. I chose not to as I move my table against the wall when I am not there.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382856413.985801.jpg
I have just bought one if these. Love it

I had one of these tables years ago.
My father in law made the middle bit thinner as it is was quite wide and so would definitely suggest trying it with someone to sit the other side. Xx

View attachment 46374
I have just bought one if these. Love it

I'm going to pick one of these up for mobile-ing in March. Is it nice and light? I have little or no upper body strength lol

If your going mobile in March why don't you buy the mobile one and use that at home rather than buying two...? Xx

Latest posts

Back