POW didnt go very well!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh forgot to say I didnt know you could paint with polish and cover with uv gel? I thought the gel needed a dispersion layer or buffed nail to adhere to, but it must obviously work!

When doing a polish french, covered with uv gel, it's like this:

Sculpt or refill as you normally would. Finish file, then wipe away the dust, dehydrate...
Right before you would apply your gloss, that is when you apply the polish.
Let it dry COMPLETELY!!! Then gloss over.
If you don't let it sufficiently dry, then you will get dents and such in it.. as the polish won't dry under the gloss.
I've been doing it for over a year and my clients love that they have a wider variety of "frenchs" available to them.
This is also how I do my marbled french.

hth's

When doing a polish french, covered with uv gel, it's like this:

Sculpt or refill as you normally would. Finish file, then wipe away the dust, dehydrate...
Right before you would apply your gloss, that is when you apply the polish.
Let it dry COMPLETELY!!! Then gloss over.
If you don't let it sufficiently dry, then you will get dents and such in it.. as the polish won't dry under the gloss.
I've been doing it for over a year and my clients love that they have a wider variety of "frenchs" available to them.
This is also how I do my marbled french.

hth's

Thanks Victoria I really didn't know of this and it does open up the opportunity to experiment with different frenchs - coloured etc as you do with marbling without having to buy different coloured gels!

without having to buy different coloured gels!

Which is exactly why I experimented in the first place :wink2:

most welcome
:hug:

Ginas application is very easy and her tuts are worth watching she does beautiful work

I used POW this afternoon for the first time in ages (have been using white sculpting gel for quite a while), I found no thickness in the end result at all.

This is my way of using it (with Brisa UV gel)...
After applying the sculpting gel and curing, I then remove inhibition layer and file/buff to finish using no less than a 180 grit abrasive.
Ensure no oils have been transferred to the enhancements by giving them a quick wipe with some Scrubfresh on a lint free pad (allow to dry), then apply a thin coat of POW to 4 fingernails, sharpen smile line (if needed) and freeze cure for 10 seconds, apply second thin coat to make a denser colour free edge, cure, apply finishing gloss and cure, remove inhibition layer, done :D then repeat for 2nd hand and then thumbs, follow with Solar Oil and quick hand massage using Solar Silk (or desired product).
Because you're applying the POW to a 'finished' nail in 2 thin coats there should be no thickness visible, making sure to apply the finishing gloss as if you're giving it a 'generous coat' of Super Shiney.
hth's

I think my problem could be trying to speed the process up by applying just one thick coat of pow instead of two thin ones. I was coming up to the three hour mark and was getting embarrassed and tried to rush (confidence issues:smack:!)

Suppose there is a lesson to be learnt from this, do it right the first time or end up fixing it later!

I think my problem could be trying to speed the process up by applying just one thick coat of pow instead of two thin ones. I was coming up to the three hour mark and was getting embarrassed and tried to rush (confidence issues:smack:!)

Suppose there is a lesson to be learnt from this, do it right the first time or end up fixing it later!

I was doing this too at one point, but what I have discovered that if you do two thin coats you dont need to fully cure the first layer for the full time that you normally would. I am now doing 2 with the POW then putting in the lamp while i do two pow on the other hand so you are getting two coats without really adding the extra time.

HTH

Latest posts

Back