Powder Gel nail Enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelibabe88

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
A friend of mine has just asked me how to remove powder gel nail enhancments....she doesn't know what make of product was used :(
She doesn't want to go back to the person who done them...what would you recommend? I've never come across 'powder gel'.
I'm thinking of telling her to buff them but be very careful when she gets down to her natural nail.
Kx

Oh dear. I think the fact she's calling it powder gel says it all! She could buff off the top layer, soak a couple and see how they go after 15-20 mins and if not she'll have to buff them off and be careful when she gets down to the nail like you've said. Can u do them for her? x

Hi Everyone,
A friend of mine has just asked me how to remove powder gel nail enhancments....she doesn't know what make of product was used :(
She doesn't want to go back to the person who done them...what would you recommend? I've never come across 'powder gel'.
I'm thinking of telling her to buff them but be very careful when she gets down to her natural nail.
Kx

Sounds to me like Acrygel

Sounds to me like Acrygel

ONLY if they were done by a technician with standards...

HOWEVER the number of NSS offering "powder gel" that ISN'T powder-gel, far outnumbers the REAL Technicians that do.

In the case of "powder-gel" done by NSS, it's usually A) Standard Acrylic and a typical swap of "get powder-gel, only 10$ more, it's better for your nails" with "gel" written on the Acrylic container B) Same as A but.. using MMA.......
Not a single one of the NSS in my town advertising gel actually uses Gel. I have been inside every single one of them.
NONE of them use Acrygel either.
I'm the ONLY tech that uses REAL UV Gel locally.

You'll need to ask your friend more questions.

ONLY if they were done by a technician with standards...

HOWEVER the number of NSS offering "powder gel" that ISN'T powder-gel, far outnumbers the REAL Technicians that do.

In the case of "powder-gel" done by NSS, it's usually A) Standard Acrylic and a typical swap of "get powder-gel, only 10$ more, it's better for your nails" with "gel" written on the Acrylic container B) Same as A but.. using MMA.......
Not a single one of the NSS in my town advertising gel actually uses Gel. I have been inside every single one of them.
NONE of them use Acrygel either.
I'm the ONLY tech that uses REAL UV Gel locally.

You'll need to ask your friend more questions.

Couldn't have said it better. We get the same thing happening here.

Latest posts

Back