Power plates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R D Beauty

Reaction score
Does anyone have a power plate in their salon I am very interested in them but want to know if they are going to be popular before I start renting/ purchase one. Does anyone know which are the best and if any companies do a free trial period?

Does anyone have a power plate in their salon I am very interested in them but want to know if they are going to be popular before I start renting/ purchase one. Does anyone know which are the best and if any companies do a free trial period?

Very interested in this post - there are so many brands it's how much to invest!

Exactly in so confused plus not got the spare cash to spend on something that's not going to be popular :/

Does nobody know anything about power plates??

I rent rooms in a hairdressers and they had one. It was a proper industrial sized gym one. She constantly put offers on and nobody really came to use it :-/

In saying that, there's a company in a town close ish to where I live and they're just a power plate company. They offer 30 sessions for £30 (or something like that) and after the sessions are over, they measure how many inches you've lost.

Do you have a business fb page? Why not put on a discussion or a status and ask your clients if they'd be interested? This is what I do for feedback and it really works for me.

Hope this helps xx

I rent rooms in a hairdressers and they had one. It was a proper industrial sized gym one. She constantly put offers on and nobody really came to use it :-/

In saying that, there's a company in a town close ish to where I live and they're just a power plate company. They offer 30 sessions for £30 (or something like that) and after the sessions are over, they measure how many inches you've lost.

Do you have a business fb page? Why not put on a discussion or a status and ask your clients if they'd be interested? This is what I do for feedback and it really works for me.

Hope this helps xx

I have thought about getting 5-6 machines ( I have an unused floor) and running classes throughout the day - the research I have done suggests people don't use them because they don't really know how to effectively and so it's not benefitting them.

I felt that running 3-4 classes a day (depending on needs of the customer) is more appealing as you are using equipment to gain from it and it's also a little more fun and sociable

But of course with that - if it's not busy - big outlay wasted / what are geeks thoughts on this ?!

Hope this helps xx

Tried the fb page thing but no one has really replied.

I have thought about getting 5-6 machines ( I have an unused floor) and running classes throughout the day - the research I have done suggests people don't use them because they don't really know how to effectively and so it's not benefitting them.

I felt that running 3-4 classes a day (depending on needs of the customer) is more appealing as you are using equipment to gain from it and it's also a little more fun and sociable

But of course with that - if it's not busy - big outlay wasted / what are geeks thoughts on this ?!

Love this idea but like you say big outlay if not popular :/ x

Love this idea but like you say big outlay if not popular :/ x

I know yea I am thinking of renting first to see how I get on although I hate renting anything!!

I know yea I am thinking of renting first to see how I get on although I hate renting anything!!

Yeah been quoted on rental packages even they would be expensive just don't have the spare cash for that right now if it don't work out :(

My local tanning salon has the Flabelos, I Fit and the new X Fit. They run classes of Kettlebells on them!

They are always fully booked.

Lindsey x

Yeah been quoted on rental packages even they would be expensive just don't have the spare cash for that right now if it don't work out :(

Can you on me the kind of prices you have been having for rental?

My local tanning salon has the Flabelos, I Fit and the new X Fit. They run classes of Kettlebells on them!

They are always fully booked.

Lindsey x

Really - that's very good to hear - guess its all about how it's marketed as well

Can you on me the kind of prices you have been having for rental?

I will get them together and pm you don't think were supposed to put prices on here x

I don't know anything about them but speaking from a 'customer' point of view. If these classes were in my area I would definitely give them a go :)

I will get them together and pm you don't think were supposed to put prices on here x

Just read my post and meant to say PM rather than ON lol - damn predictive text!!

Really - that's very good to hear - guess its all about how it's marketed as well

You have to tell people when your in pain so the girls that go to the class spend 3 days telling everyone who listens how much (good hard work kind of) pain the instructors have inflicted on them with these ultra effective workouts! Haha pretty effective marketing I think! ;) x

You have to tell people when your in pain so the girls that go to the class spend 3 days telling everyone who listens how much (good hard work kind of) pain the instructors have inflicted on them with these ultra effective workouts! Haha pretty effective marketing I think! ;) x

Lol yes ..they can always have a lovely massage after to get rid of those aches too !!!

Lol yes ..they can always have a lovely massage after to get rid of those aches too !!!

Ahh genius! I think I will leave some of my cards with this place!

Btw it is called 'shake n bake' lol a sunbed salon with shaker machines. At first I thought that name would be off putting but as I said they are always stowed out! x

I've just visited my mums and they have a place called k fit ( have a Facebook page) they have a small retail unit with a sunbed and beauty room and I think about 8 wobbleboard/ power plates and one that is like a seat ( riding a horse/ bucking bronco) it's really busy. They offer £3 a sessions, £10 a wk unlimited use £30 a mth unlimited use this includes unlimited access to a fish pedicure too. I took my mother/ sister in law yesterday, there first session was free! In the 10 minutes we were in there 4 people used them 6 including my family. They are opening another branch within a fortnight hope that helps xx

Latest posts

Back