Power polish and gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leila1712

Reaction score
Hi geeks :) i am sure the question has been asked before but i am a shellac user and i love it but i can't seem to wrap my head around the fact thst gelish contains twice the amount in a bottle for a smiliar price and same for ibd just gel but for an even lower price..
Now all i can think of is that shellac would be a better quality product ? What are the main differences that people has tried both find ?
I love shellac because it is extremely thin on application and really looks like a polish. I was wondering how is gelish and ibd on that? I have been hearing that ibd and gelish last longer and better than shellac?
I would like to make up my mind in which brand to fully invest though i have already invested a lit in cnd. Have over 25 bottles if shellac, brisa lite, retention plus and all the additives. I am just really shocked at how fast i go through my shellac bottles :( they are so tiny! Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Hi I am new on this site but, I have been doing nails for a very long time and my personal thoughts on it ; Yes gel can be a bit more layered and sometimes can be a bit thicker but, my clients like it for the added strength. The shellac is thinner but, I feel like it chips easier and your correct is much more expensive! also, the added layers are thinner and not as strong as the gel. Maybe you could have both available and your clients could chose what one they like better. Also, im not sure where you are located but, I started using the protein bond by young nails because I bought some generic gel polish (it was super cheap and thought I would give it try!) and it has worked perfectly.

Hi I am new on this site but, I have been doing nails for a very long time and my personal thoughts on it ; Yes gel can be a bit more layered and sometimes can be a bit thicker but, my clients like it for the added strength. The shellac is thinner but, I feel like it chips easier and your correct is much more expensive! also, the added layers are thinner and not as strong as the gel. Maybe you could have both available and your clients could chose what one they like better. Also, im not sure where you are located but, I started using the protein bond by young nails because I bought some generic gel polish (it was super cheap and thought I would give it try!) and it has worked perfectly.

You are right about all that.
But i made the choice to invest in CND only, mainly because of CND Shellac.
I use the CND wraps and Nourishing Remover and removing the Shellac so fast without touching their nail with a file is what my clients need. Most of the other nailtechs in my area use Gelish and other brands, some of their clients come to me, and are amazed about all the color choice i have (more then 250!), how thin it is on their nails and how easy it removes.
If they wanna come back in 3 weeks i add a thin layer of smoothing gel and they are fine. Older clients do not need the smoothing gel to get 3 weeks out of CND Shellac ;-)

Greetings from Belgium

Latest posts

Back