Practical and basic skills test what to expect?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prettyinpink85

Reaction score
Hi All,

Am going to college next week for a practical and basic skills test in hairdressing level 1/2 can anyone tell me what to expect from this?

Thanks

Hi All,

Am going to college next week for a practical and basic skills test in hairdressing level 1/2 can anyone tell me what to expect from this?

Thanks

Hi, Is it a written test too ?
it will only be what you will have already learned
to check underpinning knowledge and understanding
to make sure you
know the reasons why you are doing something

eg: its easy to mix up and put on a colour,
but they need to check
why you chose that particular colour, and why you would choose a certain strength of peroxide and why you need to measure it first ?
how you mixed it up ect ...

questions on your application techniques and again why ?
when and why are you performing test pieces ect...
why do you need protective clothing for you and your client

I suppose anything and everything
that you have learned may possibly come up.

On your practical test
they may question you as you are actually performing something,
this is again to check your underpinnning knowledge and understanding
thats all I can think of for now as its so long since I did mine and it may have changed

maybe others can help some more :)

Hiya, Its for the start of a course, the enrollment so can't think what I could possibly get tested on practically. Basic skills test I guess is English and Maths but the practical side leaves me wondering. Anyone know? xx

Hiya, Its for the start of a course, the enrollment so can't think what I could possibly get tested on practically. Basic skills test I guess is English and Maths but the practical side leaves me wondering. Anyone know? xx

hey hun how are you?

well i had to do a maths/english test to see if id need any further help and my practical test was putting a perm rod in a dolls head....your college might be different though but i hope this helps :) need any more help feel free to PM me

x

hey hun how are you?

well i had to do a maths/english test to see if id need any further help and my practical test was putting a perm rod in a dolls head....your college might be different though but i hope this helps :) need any more help feel free to PM me

x

Hey , I think I have got you two guys mixed up :lol: lol with your names being so similar
I knew one of you already had hairdressing experience but wasnt to sure of the level
I sort of wondered why you would be asking , but it didn't sort of register
Ka-ching lol x :hug:

Hey , I think I have got you two guys mixed up :lol: lol with your names being so similar
I knew one of you already had hairdressing experience but wasnt to sure of the level
I sort of wondered why you would be asking , but it didn't sort of register
Ka-ching lol x :hug:

lol alot of people are having this name but in different ways very easy to get mixed up :)

x

Latest posts

Back