Pre blended tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jee-nails

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive read a few threads lately on blending tips. A few of you spoke about pre blending tips. How do you do this and why? We really only did pre tailored tips in my course. Is it ok to have pre tailored done in advance?

jee-nails said:
Hi,
Ive read a few threads lately on blending tips. A few of you spoke about pre blending tips. How do you do this and why? We really only did pre tailored tips in my course. Is it ok to have pre tailored done in advance?

We do this because tips are only made of plastic held on by adhesive. Ie they are MUCH weaker than liquid and powder or gel overlays. Sooo.. The tip only acts as a CANVAS for product placement.

I am often asked why the tips are not thinned down in advance... My understanding is that it gives them strength for shipping and storage... (sneaky spot here, this has been something CND has looked at for some time..)

Pre thinning allows for faster blending once adhered, and yes you could do a whole bunch in advance... The only downer would be a) boring b) they could be damaged before you use them...

Also we teach to shape them to the individual, like lifting the sidewalls up for nail biters. and this is really hard if you have already thinned the tip too much..
Here is another thread about tip blending, fantastic stuff ;)
http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=8358
Hope that helps

Thanks for the great reply, I'll look up those threads and have a read.

Latest posts

Back