Pre-designing with acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brittone05

Reaction score
Is it possible to pre-design a tip with acrylic ( for 3D art or extending the nail beds ) before you ue adhesive to put it on?

I ask because I struggle to do my wrong hand and really want something special on it - I know I should try first and query later but having one of those days :hug:

Products - Sam Biddle - Be Inspired

you need to get your self some of these ! you can practice on them or make desighens and then add them to your preped nails ect ...

the "poppy flower" nail in my photos that you commented on the other day was done on one of these and then I stuck it to my finger with blu tac for the photo lol
but if I had wanted to do it propperly I could have thinly made the tips to fit my nails on the arabella forms preped my nails appled them like tips but with out the buffing ect as they would already be custom size needed for me and then capped in clear :)

Ooooh thanks hun :) Shall order myself some this week when hubby isn't looking as he says I have " well and truly overspent" this month already and his birthday hasnt even been yet!!!!

i find that it is possible in some cases.

what lets it down is the fit of the tip, if you apply acrylic to it before you place it on the nail it reduces the flexibility of the tip. so if the c curve of the tip isnt exactly the same as the one of your nail, then theres not enough give to persuade it into place.

sometimes you can get round this by making sure the sesign is really thin so that it doesnt reduce the flexibility too much or by making sure that the design doesnt cover the entire tip so that it will still bend without cracking the design.

so the answer to your question is YES and NO:lol:

Thanks Susan :)

I *think* the plan is to do some 3D art on them, apply tips and then work with pink opaque and clear lol

Shall let you know ho it goes and may even brave putting some pics up! I only have a size 8 brush so doing intriate stuff is a bit odd - really need to invest in a good art scultping brush :)

i find that it is possible in some cases.

what lets it down is the fit of the tip, if you apply acrylic to it before you place it on the nail it reduces the flexibility of the tip. so if the c curve of the tip isnt exactly the same as the one of your nail, then theres not enough give to persuade it into place.

sometimes you can get round this by making sure the sesign is really thin so that it doesnt reduce the flexibility too much or by making sure that the design doesnt cover the entire tip so that it will still bend without cracking the design.

so the answer to your question is YES and NO:lol:

Couldn't you also apply the tips with a ball of l&p rather than glue to avoid this problem?

Latest posts

Back