Preferred acrylic system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JojoBuller

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm a 21 year old male.

I briefly went to beauty school about 6 years ago, but i had to stop because of my disability. I learned to sculpt an form acrylic nails with the EZflow (direct from china) system with a generic monomer.

The system worked fine, and I even wore the nails with no lifting for 3.5 weeks. Because I am still relatively new to acrylic nails (about 20 full sets and 5 fills). I am tryingn to find out if I should be switching to a more well known system.

If you could give me some advice on this it would be greatly appreciated. One thing i should mention is that this system doesn't dry all that fast, its not like a slow drying formula, it just gives me time to work because i have an essential tremor in my hands. I refuse to let my issues get me down, and i will fight as hard as i possibly can, to become an amazing nail tech.

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm a 21 year old male.

I briefly went to beauty school about 6 years ago, but i had to stop because of my disability. I learned to sculpt an form acrylic nails with the EZflow (direct from china) system with a generic monomer.

The system worked fine, and I even wore the nails with no lifting for 3.5 weeks. Because I am still relatively new to acrylic nails (about 20 full sets and 5 fills). I am tryingn to find out if I should be switching to a more well known system.

If you could give me some advice on this it would be greatly appreciated. One thing i should mention is that this system doesn't dry all that fast, its not like a slow drying formula, it just gives me time to work because i have an essential tremor in my hands. I refuse to let my issues get me down, and i will fight as hard as i possibly can, to become an amazing nail tech.
First of all, well done you for not letting your disability disable you :) you should be very proud.

Yes, I do think it's time for you to start using an entire full system. Use one brand for everything, monomer and polymer.

If you do a bit of research, you will probably be able to find a system thats not too fast setting that allows you some play time. Maybe one of the techs on here has some advice? Are you on the US or UK? x

Thanks Sweetpea!

I do try to not let the disability keep me from learning my abilities.

I'm not in the US or the UK, I am actually based in Australia. I have heard good things about INM, I have a supplier (online) that i can purchase INM products from.

Beauty school isn't as regulated as it is over the pond, I do have a certificate in Nail Technology, but its not required to "work or Practice" here.
I worked in a salon for a year, but i was hairdressing at that stage, my poor back cant handle that anymore.

If you have a personal favourite system i would love to hear.

Thanks Sweetpea!

I do try to not let the disability keep me from learning my abilities.

I'm not in the US or the UK, I am actually based in Australia. I have heard good things about INM, I have a supplier (online) that i can purchase INM products from.

Beauty school isn't as regulated as it is over the pond, I do have a certificate in Nail Technology, but its not required to "work or Practice" here.
I worked in a salon for a year, but i was hairdressing at that stage, my poor back cant handle that anymore.

If you have a personal favourite system i would love to hear.
My favourite liquid and powder system is CJP. They're a young company, just turned 1 years old but oh my goodness they are a fabulous system. They have a slow setting monomer and powders and a fast setting monomer and powders (master system). I use the slow setting and a mixture of the normal and master powders. This acrylic is amazing to soak off, so quick and the filing is ridiculously easy. I could gush and about cjp all day haha! I do believe they will be shipping overseas at the beginning of 2017.

Have you ever considered adsing gel enhancements to your services? X

Sorry for the late reply, Internet Issues.

I would love to do some gel services, I am looking at getting a full kit from the same system as i have just ordered.

After weighing up the pros and cons, i decided that i will be going with the NSI attraction series, as its easy and relatively affordable for me to get.
I would love to learn how to add a gel cap onto acrylic..

Latest posts

Back