Pregancy and aroma oil blends

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
could anyone recommend a good blend or recipe- i aint done this for ages and my brain has gone to pulp -

im after one for a massage

no doubt once i get back into it, i wil be fine, but for now i just cant think with all the other stuff thats in my head re the new salon

this is for a pregnant woman pamper pack

thanks

this is copyed and pasted as i did type something out but found this to be more in detail
Oils to avoid during pregnancy

Use of essential oils should be extremely limited or avoided during the first trimester of pregnancy, but they have many wonderful uses in the last two trimesters and especially during labour.

The following list contains oils that should be avoided* during pregnancy:

Basil
Cedarwood
Cinnamon
Clary sage (OK during labour)
Clove
Cypress (OK after 5 months)
Fennel
Hyssop
Jasmine (OK during labour)
Juniper
Lemongrass
Myrrh
Parsley
Pennyroyal

Peppermint
Rosemary
Sweet marjoram
Thyme
*Note: Since it would be highly unethical to test on pregnant women, the list of essential oils to avoid during pregnancy is based on knowledge of the general properties of each essential oil. For obvious reasons, during pregnancy it is recommended to avoid essential oils which are known to thin the blood or cause cramping or contractions. Used under proper dilution, most of these oils should not cause any problems during a healthy pregnancy, but it is always best to err on the side of caution.

Recommended oils for pregnancy
Listed below are some of the benefits and therapeutic effects of the essential oils recommended for use during pregnancy:

Bergamot Analgesic, antiseptic, antidepressant, uplifting, and refreshing. Helpful for cystitis during pregnancy.
Chamomile
Antiseptic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic. Soothes pain from muscular aches, headaches, toothaches and indigestion.
Cypress
(OK after 5 months) Antiseptic, antispasmodic, astringent and diuretic. Helpful for varicose veins, hemorrhoids and swollen ankles.
Eucalyptus Antiseptic, antibiotic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antiviral. Helpful with respiratory congestion.
Frankincense Antiseptic, astringent, sedative, warming.
Geranium
(OK after 3 months) Antiseptic, antidepressant, astringent, refreshing, uplifting. Eases aching legs and is good for poor circulation.
Grapefruit Astringent, digestive aid, lymphatic stimulant. Helps with water retention.
Lavender
Antiseptic, antibiotic, analgesic, antidepressant, healing, relaxing. Helps soothe aches and pains of pregnancy, encourages cell renewal and helps with fluid retention.
Lemon Antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal, astringent, stimulant, tonic. Useful as an inhalant for morning sickness and in massage for varicose veins.
Mandarin Antiseptic, refreshing, tonic, mild relaxant. Can ease fluid retention in leg and ankle massages.
Neroli Antiseptic, antidepressant, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, relaxing. Useful in pregnancy to promote healthy skin cell regeneration and for easing nervous tension.
Patchouli Antiseptic, antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, nerve sedative. Eases confusion, indecision and apathy.
Petitgrain Antiseptic, antidepressant, sedative, refreshing, tonic. Helpful in dealing with pre or postpartum depression.
Rosewood Antiseptic, sedative.
Sandalwood Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, sedative. Helpful for cystitis during pregnancy.
Tangerine Antispasmodic, lymphatic stimulant, calming, sedative. Helps to prevent stretch marks.
Tea Tree Antibiotic, antiseptic, antifungal, antiviral, disinfectant. Can be used to treat thrush during pregnancy.
Ylang Ylang Antiseptic, antidepressant, aphrodisiac, sedative, lowers blood pressure. Restorative when overworked or tense.

Aromatherapy for pregnancy h2h xx

Hi

i bought a blend called Muti Mum-to-Be massage oil from www.pregnantandbeautiful.com to use on the body.

The AromaTruth (beauty express, sallys) Nourishing facial blend for dry skin is safe to use on the face for pregnant women.

BB
x

Latest posts

Back