Pregnant Client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbiekc84

Reaction score
I have a client who is nearly 10 weeks pregnant. She came for her two week rebalance last Friday which turned out to be a bit of a nightmare. Her pinks had a yellow tinge underneath them - could this be due to excess oils shes producing? She also had a lot more lifting than normal, which I put down to her nails being too long for her (they seem to be growing at double the speed - so much in fact I guessed her pregnancy before she told me) She mentioned that her skin and hair is very greasy in this prenancy and I wondered if this could be related?

I have had this client for 12 months now and I have never had this problem with her before. Her reblances are normally reasonably problem free. She is excellent with using her Solar Oil and doesn't smoke/spray tan/dye her own hair.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do to counteract this?

Also she bought more Solar Oil from me, if her nails are particuarly greasy due to the pregnancy should she continue to use this?

Thanks

Kelly x

I had exactly the same thing with one of my pregnant clients last year, he nails went green within days of being done after nearly 2 years of no problems at all, we could only put it down to the change in hormones.

We removed them and she came for manicures instead

I had my nails done during both my pregnancies and never had this problem. Mind you, everyone is different.

For some, being pregnant does not affect their ability to wear nail enhancements at all (for most actually).

For a small percentage of people it can.

Being pregnant may not have an effect for the whole term of the pregnancy.

Take extra care with these clients and they will be able to continue to have their nails done while pregnant.

Solar Oil will not have a deleterious affect . she should continue to use it but not over use it.

I had my nails done during both my pregnancies and never had this problem. Mind you, everyone is different.

I also had my nails done throughout my own pregnancy and never had any problems, however, I didn't seem to have a change in my skin or hair conditions whereas my client has said she has

Kelly x

For some, being pregnant does not affect their ability to wear nail enhancements at all (for most actually).

For a small percentage of people it can.

Being pregnant may not have an effect for the whole term of the pregnancy.

Take extra care with these clients and they will be able to continue to have their nails done while pregnant.

Solar Oil will not have a deleterious affect . she should continue to use it but not over use it.

Thanks,

Is there anything in particular I should do to try and prevent this? I'm guessing you may say its all in the prep?! I was at a bit of a loss as to how to rebalance her nails and was disappointed with the outcome as the staining could be seen through the pinks.

My client was happy with them but I know that they were not as they should have been. I didn't want to soak off but thinking back would this have helped?

Kelly x

Thanks,

Is there anything in particular I should do to try and prevent this? I'm guessing you may say its all in the prep?! I was at a bit of a loss as to how to rebalance her nails and was disappointed with the outcome as the staining could be seen through the pinks.

My client was happy with them but I know that they were not as they should have been. I didn't want to soak off but thinking back would this have helped?

Kelly x

Maybe try a new set with opaque powders? I think that is maybe what I would do and then do a super prep and dehydrate well.

Maybe try a new set with opaque powders? I think that is maybe what I would do and then do a super prep and dehydrate well.

Thanks Geeg,
I think I will give that a go. It did cross my mind to use opaque powders but to be honest it threw me into a bit of a mild panic when I saw the nails!

Kelly x

I honestly don't think it's bad but the odor maybe in a closed area, maybe have the door open!

Pick My Salon

Latest posts

Back