Prep for Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chloe Bryan

Belle
Reaction score
Hi guys. Just wondering what everyone's prep for Shellac was. Do you preform a wet manicure and use cuticle eraser and clean with soapy water and scrub fresh or perform a dry manicure, cuticle eraser and use scrub fresh. I don't mean if someone books in for a full manicure just if they book for shellac?
Thanks. Xx

I do a dry manicure but am looking into buying some cuticle away as heard such good things about it. As long as its deactivated with soap and water its completely up to personal preference which you choose to do

I use cuticle away on all clients in prep for shellac always have done xxx

I use cuticle away on all clients in prep for shellac always have done xxx
I have cuticle away. Do you then rinse with water a soap to de activate it? Xx

Yes rinse with soap & water. I never offer a wet manicure with shellac, it’s not (& shouldn’t really be) an option, you don’t want the natural nail taking on any excess water, making the nail unstable for shellac application! X

Most places offer shellac manicures though and in my training we performed a shellac wet manicure. So if you use CND cuticle away you will have to rinse then? Thankyou for replying. X

As far as I know, pretty much all gel polish brands are applied after a dry manicure (correct me if I'm wrong geeks)
I'm a bit mystified therefore as to why you were trained to do a wet manicure and then apply gel polish. At least you should have been told to follow the manufacturers application advice. Was it CND you actually trained with or another brand? Perhaps Gellux or something else?

Speaking for CND shellac applications, you always prep and apply the gel polish before doing any soaking / masks / hot oil etc

I mean like if a client asks for a manicure and instead of polish has shellac. So you Beauty perform a dry manicure with cut away but just get them to wash their hands or you wash them in a manicure bowl?
Iv done the training but it's just getting into my own routine with stuff like that I'm on mat leave and 're training so I'm just gaining experience. Thanks guys x

Thankyou. I have this already. Can you see where I'm coming from with the washing off the cuticle away. It's that bit that I'm confused over as it does say it's better without but says perform a manicure and use soap and water. Also it's a very common things isn't it to have a shellac manicure. Thats what I was getting at before. I didn't mean have a wet manicure everytime I do shellac. X
https://cnd.com/sites/default/files/pdf/Step-by-Steps/CNDShellac_Application-Removal.pdf

Perhaps this link will help - freely available with a quick search on Google

Thankyou. I have this already. Can you see where I'm coming from with the washing off the cuticle away. It's that bit that I'm confused over as it does say it's better without but says perform a manicure and use soap and water. Also it's a very common things isn't it to have a shellac manicure. Thats what I was getting at before. I didn't mean have a wet manicure everytime I do shellac. X

Some people have a spray bottle with water and a little detergent mixed in it. They spray the nails and then wipe over. Using scrub fresh dehydrates the nail further following this.

Sorry if I've misunderstood your questions

No you have been fab. I don't think I worded what I ment very well. That's what I was thinking. It was the kind of process of doing shellac with cuticle away when they havnt booked a full manicure. Thanks everyone for all your replies, I know i have been abit of a pain! Xx
Some people have a spray bottle with water and a little detergent mix
Some people have a spray bottle with water and a little detergent mixed in it. They spray the nails and then wipe over. Using scrub fresh dehydrates the nail further following this.

ed in it. They spray the nails and then wipe over. Using scrub fresh dehydrates the nail further following this.

Latest posts

Back